Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

houston body shop, do not use!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 07:44 PM
WARNING: BAD TRADER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default houston body shop, do not use!!!

i recently wrecked my camaro and took my car to a body shop in houston for them to redo the body and paint. when i got there i noticed it was all custom cars with custom paint jobs so i felt like my car would be in good hands. they were refered to me by a friend. they got the estimate from the insurance company and took a while to do the work but i was confident they would do a good job. when i finally got the car back i looked at it from a distance and it looked pretty good. i walked up close and looked at the work on the front end they had done and there didnt appear to even be a clear coat on it! the whole car was a metallic navy blue and the front of the car wasnt metallic or shinny at all! i was pretty upset. then i walked around the car and noticed the front end wasnt flush with the door so it looked pretty crappy. they reinstalled my halo lights and all the rubber was coming out of the body and was done crappy also. i had gotten dropped off at the car shop and had to go back to work (in austin) and no other ride. the guy that worked on my car wasnt there. so i was forced to take the car so that i could make it back to work. after talking to him on the phone he seemed conserned but kept saying that he thought it looked good. i've asked about 10-15 people and they have all said that it looks like crap. he said he would come to austin pick up my car and take it to houston and fix it. well days go by and he still hadnt picked it up and then after i talked to him again he said i had to take it down there. needless to say i'm getting pretty fed up with this shop. today less than two weeks after picking up the car i noticed spider veins in the hood of my car that they supposedly painted and repaired. i am fed up with this shop and the work that they did/didnt do....i just thought i would vent my frustrations and let everyone know not to goto chaotic customs, it is a shop that is located outside of houston in tomball. they do the worst work i've ever seen on a car.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you need to contact your insurance company. Sorry about the bad experience. It's bad shops like that that give our profession a bad rap. There are good shops out there.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Definitley take this problem up with your insurance company asap. Also if you have use of a digital camera take photos so you have some hard proof of the bad job and take pics of the original area of the car that has not been touched so they can hopefully see the difference in the paint.

I know that most body shops will make it right without the insurance company having to bend their arm but still CYA and contact them and keep good notes.

Good Luck.