Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Brake Caliper decal color opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Caliper decal color opinions please?

Ok, I have a black WS6. I will have charcoal metallic "Trans Am" side accents, and "Ram Air" accents. I also have smoked/tinted foglight and turn signal lenses in front and the plain black center piece between the taillights. I am going for the subtle approach as far as accents. Well I am going to paint my calipers a GM charcoal (Dupli color). I want to add the caliper decals on the calipers also. I've only seen them offered in "brushed chrome" color. Now although I think the brushed chrome looks good, would that go well with my accents I have? All black car and charcoal accents and calipers and then have brushed chrome "Trans Am" on the caliper? Would this stick out too much, or do you think it would go well with the theme? If so, what other color would you suggest, and where could I find it? Thanks a lot, I appreciate your time and opinions! I'm sorry this is so long! Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

I have the same setup with the brushed aluminum T/A stickers....it looks badass
Old 03-11-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the brushed chrome decals would look very clean and nice...the brushed chrome makes the letters look as though they were machined into the calipers...they don't look like chrome at all...IMHO.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought a set of caliper decals on Ebay and they are the nicest looking I've seen. They're like the other guy's said, "brushed" aluminum look, not chrome. I don't have them on yet, but I'm going with silver brackets with black calipers. My car is all black with a small silver "theme". I'm going to grind the casting lines off for a smoother look. With those decals, it's going to be hard to tell whether it came that way. Go for what you're planning, it's sounds good.
Old 03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I painted my calipers black with POR-15. That stuff is strong and it doesn't peel. I put brushed aluminum Trans Am decals on the calipers and it looks great to me.
Old 03-12-2004, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the Brushed Aluminum vinyl is a high temp vinyl. Any vinyl that is just chrome looking is not rated for outdoor use.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

i used the brushed alum on mine with red calipers and silver brackets. my friend is doin his the same but with black calipers, looks sweet IMO
Old 03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the help guys! Where did you get the brushed aluminum decals from? Are they the same as brushed chrome? I know afterthoughts auto has them, but is the brushed chrome, and brushed aluminum the same? Thanks a lot!
Old 03-12-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

i got mine from afterthoughts they are fine

Quick Reply: Brake Caliper decal color opinions please?