Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Update: Sunoco hood, SS Spoiler & Strano Springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Sunoco hood, SS Spoiler & Strano Springs

I got into a little fender bender and had to repaint a third of the car so I decided to get the entire thing done with adding some extra goodies like the VFN Sunoco Hood, Thespoilercompnay SS spoiler (they will be replacing whats on there because the fitment was terrible) and a set of Strano Performance Springs (which are awesome by the way, not a very rough ride by any means) Anyway, here are some pics of the work.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Good looking car. Get rid of that ugly plastic grille and do the berger mod and you are set
Old 11-13-2011, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, grill will be replaced soon. Never was too big a fan of the berger panel tho. Ill be getting some emblems to fill the lettering in the back, should help a little.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

the car looks great with those mods, i love the hood .
Old 11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Great looking pewter camaro.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

looks good man, what wheels/tires you running? seem to sit pretty high (perhaps its my eyes playing tricks on me)

regardless i agree that I think the berger would look good sprayed in some plasti dip, i did it to mine, that way if i get tired of it, i can peel it off

lol if its not your thing to each their own, regardless car looks great

Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

I agree, the car was sitting a tad bit higher than I was expecting. It was weird tho because the driver's side front was sitting about .5-.75 in higher than the passenger side. Im running 17x9.5 with 275/40/17s (I think its 40). I had a major problem during the install tho. The nut siezed on the top of the shock and somehow I sheared the bolt in half trying to loosen it so I ended up getting a new shock (Gabriel). So it may be a slight difference on the base of the shock, but not entirely sure. Im thinking I may get the same shock for the drivers side to see if that fixes it. If not then Ill give Strano a call and see what he says about it.

As far as that berger panel, thats a pretty good idea. How hard does it come out when dried, and can it be sanded down and polished?

And thanks for the complements everyone
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

nice looking car... i would do a diff grill.. the berger panel is a little played out but it does look good lol...
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

The plasti-dip will come out kinda satin, it's a rubberized coating so you won't be able to sand/polish it.
Your ride looks sharp, I wouldn't do the Berger and ditch the grill.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That hood looks killer with a SS spoiler! Thats the hood I would have if I didnt have the Ultra Z hood.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great! All those come together and make a nice improvement over stock.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks good. I say add a SLP grille and gloss Berger panel since you have black wheels. If you had chrome I would say just do the inserts.

I've been slowly saving money to buy that hood. I never realized how expensive it is with shipping...

Ihave the same springs, they settled but they were a tad higher on the drivers side. I did the hose mod on the back and it sits perfect.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HossZ28
and a set of Strano Performance Springs (which are awesome by the way, not a very rough ride by any means)
Strano springs do ride real nice.

Originally Posted by __Z__
regardless i agree that I think the berger would look good sprayed in some plasti dip, i did it to mine, that way if i get tired of it, i can peel it off
Another option would be to do what I did and just get a tail light panel out of the junk yard and rattle can it, and just put up your original and save it for later in case you want to go back. This can be done for less than $25. Here's how mine came out - I did it myself, and here's the how to thread that I wrote up as well:

http://lsxnation.net/showthread.php?...Y-Berger-Panel

Originally Posted by '00_Z
The plasti-dip will come out kinda satin, it's a rubberized coating so you won't be able to sand/polish it.
Your ride looks sharp, I wouldn't do the Berger and ditch the grill.
Satin is the finish that you want if you want it to look like how the true Berger panels actually looked, although I do understand that some people prefer the gloss look
Old 11-15-2011, 08:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Very awesome.

If it were my car I would be more worried about some nice dished wheels than anything else.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:53 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, shipping on that hood was a little much, almost 200

I just put new tires on those black zr1's so Ill be sitting on these wheels for a little longer but once they start running low Im considering moving to a set of ccw's 505's or 550's. Those wheels definitely have that nice lip these f-bodies need. Just not sure if I want to fork out that kind of cash on wheels.

And yes, the grill is probably next on the list. Im still undecided on what grill I want, but Ill probably end up with an SLP grill.

As far as the height goes, the ride is great with these but I am a tad disappointed in how high it sits. I have been considering getting a set of pro kits and see how I like those. Im going to let these settle in for a bit.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Satin is the finish that you want if you want it to look like how the true Berger panels actually looked, although I do understand that some people prefer the gloss look
This is what I was going to say.

I really prefer the satin anyways over gloss-gloss looks a bit much. But your ride is lookin' SHARP!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

I agree, the car was sitting a tad bit higher than I was expecting. It was weird tho because the driver's side front was sitting about .5-.75 in higher than the passenger side. Im running 17x9.5 with 275/40/17s (I think its 40). I had a major problem during the install tho. The nut siezed on the top of the shock and somehow I sheared the bolt in half trying to loosen it so I ended up getting a new shock (Gabriel). So it may be a slight difference on the base of the shock, but not entirely sure. Im thinking I may get the same shock for the drivers side to see if that fixes it. If not then Ill give Strano a call and see what he says about it.

As far as that berger panel, thats a pretty good idea. How hard does it come out when dried, and can it be sanded down and polished?

And thanks for the complements everyone
hey man, sorry it take me a while to get back to you, when it dries, its just like a rubberized coating, it looks very professional in my opinion...

it peels off in sheets, but if you cant get it off, goo gone makes quick work of it

Originally Posted by '00_Z
you cant polish it, but i polish mine up with tire shine... give it a nice shimmer
Old 11-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Launching!

As far as the height goes, the ride is great with these but I am a tad disappointed in how high it sits. I have been considering getting a set of pro kits and see how I like those. Im going to let these settle in for a bit.
I tried a pro kit before I did the Stranos. I hated it. If I were you and you did buy a pro kit, I wouldn't be too quick to sell the Stranos until you ride on that pro kit for a while and see how bad they suck

Originally Posted by V68Sweep
This is what I was going to say.

I really prefer the satin anyways over gloss-gloss looks a bit much. But your ride is lookin' SHARP!!!
Thank you sir!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
I tried a pro kit before I did the Stranos. I hated it. If I were you and you did buy a pro kit, I wouldn't be too quick to sell the Stranos until you ride on that pro kit for a while and see how bad they suck

You and others have said this same thing. After driving around a little more today there really is no way I want to go lower than what it is, I was scraping over every little speed bump, and now my y pipe is rattling a bit. So yeah, stranos are perfect for me.

And yeah I agree, Rooster, you have one sexy ride.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Haha, thanks man. I've had both a pro kit and Stranos on my car, and believe me you couldn't put a gun to my head and make me go back, no way

Quick Reply: Update: Sunoco hood, SS Spoiler & Strano Springs