Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Aftermarket seat options - something more comfortable than stock Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket seat options - something more comfortable than stock Z28?

Hey guys, just curious if any of you had or knew of an aftermarket alternative for F-body seats. The seats in my Z28 camaro have next to zero cushion in them. I don't know if GM just decided to skimp on the Camaro seats or what - even the Trans Am seats seem to have way more padding in them. I am a big guy (6 ft 275+), so they are especially uncomfortable for me. So, with that being said, I'm simply looking for something more comfortable than what is in there now. OEM style is fine, doesn't need to be some crazy high end racing design, and needs to be something that someone with a 40" waist can use - if it is 12" from side to side with aggressive sold bolster cut-offs, it's probably not gonna work for me. LOL.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Take a look at these ive sat in them they feel like a la-z-boy as far as comfort goes just really pricyy but IMO worthh it

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/co...graycloth.aspx
Old 05-11-2012, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

6LE seats?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

Great info guys, thanks a ton! I'm gonna have to do some research on those, but that is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No problem but seriously consider those. Put it this way the link to thee site i gave you that shop is local for me. The guy that owns it has 2 of them in the customerr service department as chairs for custommmers theyre so good lol
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
No problem but seriously consider those. Put it this way the link to thee site i gave you that shop is local for me. The guy that owns it has 2 of them in the customerr service department as chairs for custommmers theyre so good lol
Man that sounds great, but I have a question for you! I just found a thread about these seats using the search. A guy purchased them and says in the thread that he is 180 lbs, 5"8' with a 32-33" waist and that they would be really snug for someone any bigger than that. I'm a pretty big guy with broad shoulders, compared to most. I probably have 100 pounds on that guy. What do you think? Too small for me or do you think they could accommodat71e someone my size since you have actually sat in them? Thanks again for the help.

Edit: I'm about 8 hours from SC, so visiting the area to check them out is unfortunately not very realistic.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i weigh right at 200 and im 5'6" and i have plenty of room with them my wife just had our son about 2 months ago and well god shed kill me for this but she weighs about 230 and my last trip to the shop she was with me and when she sat in one of them she told me when i replace my seats i wasnt allowed to get anythhing but those lol. If youre bigger they will hug you like a race seat without being uncomfortable as hell like a race seat normally is. Also just to throw this in there hes had those seats out there for people to use for about 3 years now and the still look brand new
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Well i weigh right at 200 and im 5'6" and i have plenty of room with them my wife just had our son about 2 months ago and well god shed kill me for this but she weighs about 230 and my last trip to the shop she was with me and when she sat in one of them she told me when i replace my seats i wasnt allowed to get anythhing but those lol. If youre bigger they will hug you like a race seat without being uncomfortable as hell like a race seat normally is. Also just to throw this in there hes had those seats out there for people to use for about 3 years now and the still look brand new
That is fantastic information! Thank you! I'm in the middle of trying to lose some weight, so I'm thinking once I do, I should be alright. If those end up being too snug even after that, it looks like Corbeau has another great option:
http://www.corbeau.com/products/recl...ts/sportseat/#. I apparently missed a thread from like 2 days ago where somebody stuck them in his camaro, there are a ton of pictures:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/16288934-post2.html

Looks like a Corbeau purchase will be in my future, either way!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Dude,
Stay away from the corbeau GTs-II seats. I have them in my jeep and the side baters are crap. I have the corbeau sport seats in my camaro and they're ****** awesome. Stay away feom gts-II. You've been warned!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
Dude,
Stay away from the corbeau GTs-II seats. I have them in my jeep and the side baters are crap. I have the corbeau sport seats in my camaro and they're ****** awesome. Stay away feom gts-II. You've been warned!
UnVMySS, I'm sure you probably saw that I linked the post you made about your seats in this thread. Looks fantastic dude. I'm leaning towards the sport seats anyway just simply because they don't appear to have racing style side bolsters. Not that I mind racing side bolsters, but I've never seen one that would fit me before. How comfortable are those seats compared to stock? Do they do a good job dampening road noise or bumps versus the stock seats? Any info would be appreciated. $1,000 is a lot of money for me to spend, but if it transforms the driving experience, I'm willing to save for it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket seat options - something more comfortable than stock Z28?