Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Just got my 6litreEater seats....

Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my 6litreEater seats....

Just put the driver seat in after getting it all bolted together..used the sliders that came with the seats, and the 6LiterEater brackets they sell separately.

A few things I noticed..first, the sliders that come with the seats don't even really fit- I had to widen the holes just to avoid cross threading the bolts they give you. Not a big deal.

Other than that- the included sliders + the 6Litereater brackets actually slide farther back than the stock seat which is nice (I'm 6'3"). However, it sits a bit higher up, which isn't all that nice since I'm 6'3" lol.

I'd say they are decent quality. Not anything compared to a high end racing seat, but I'm happy with them. It was still cheaper than re-covering the stock Camaro seats which offer ZERO lateral support.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my 6litreEater seats....-screen-shot-2012-06-06-10.44.05-am.png  
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Looks nice. Where did you get them, I was under the impression 6LE no longer produced these?

I want some corbeau's but my bank account thinks otherwise
Old 06-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redlineracing
Looks nice. Where did you get them, I was under the impression 6LE no longer produced these?

I want some corbeau's but my bank account thinks otherwise
Weird- yeah their webpage no longer has them listed. I ordered these less than a month ago- hmmm.

They were $650 for the pair, and another $240 for the brackets (powdercoated). Total with shipping it came to about $1000.

Like I said, they are nice- I would say a 7/10 on quality. I've seen worse, and I've seen better. If you want a nice replacement that is lighter than stock, has much better side bolster support they are worth it. You sacrifice the power, lumbar etc unless you fab them up to the factory rails.

I hated the stock Camaro seats. If I had a TA, I'd probably just re-cover the stock seats honestly.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

I like the looks of my factory seats, and the power lumbar is nice. But they have to be heavy as hell with all the power features.

That seems somewhat expensive for those seats? A nice pair of corbeau's are about the same price if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dope, looks good. I'm also 6'3 and heard they stay higher then stock so I'm still debating if I should purchase these in the near future.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are their brackets required or can you install without them?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Simplɘ Jack
Dope, looks good. I'm also 6'3 and heard they stay higher then stock so I'm still debating if I should purchase these in the near future.
They aren't listed on the 6LE page anymore, which is weird.

Yeah I'm a bit bummed- I read that they actually sat LOWER than stock, so I was happy but a bit disappointed when I got them in and realized they are higher. It's not THAT big of a difference. I can stil sit comfortably even at 6'3".

Regarding the brackets- using the 6LE brackets + the rails that come with the seats are the only way they are a "direct" bolt in. Like I mentioned, I had to drill out the bolt holes on the rails included with the seats because they didn't line up 100%- it was a minor issue and other than that, you just need to get your own bolts/nuts/washer to mount the 6LE bracket to the included rails. No drilling/cutting etc needed.

If you wanted to use the stock rails off the factory seats, you'd need to fabricate your own brackets to get them to line up with the seats- it won't bolt directly to the stock rails.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the same setup as you and I am the same height as you. In order to feel comfortable and not have to crouch while driving I had to bolt my seats directly to the 6LE bracket. Fixed seating position. Kinda cool cause that means no one else can drive my car unless theyre taller than me. And I dont know anyone thats taller than me.

Looks good though
Old 06-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silversrtman
I have the same setup as you and I am the same height as you. In order to feel comfortable and not have to crouch while driving I had to bolt my seats directly to the 6LE bracket. Fixed seating position. Kinda cool cause that means no one else can drive my car unless theyre taller than me. And I dont know anyone thats taller than me.

Looks good though
I did consider this- I may just do that after all.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man I dont know how anyone our height and taller comfortably drives these cars. Even with the stock seats I had no idea how uncomfortable I was driving until I lowered my seat. Now it is just such a better feeling being comfortable and being able to sit up straight.

The only thing that hurt about doing fixed seating position was having to weld on extra to my really nice 6LE bracket. Because I am so tall my seating position was way off the bracket. Heres some pics so you see what I am talking about. Hope this helps if/when you do yours fixed.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my 6litreEater seats....-seat-bracket.jpg   Just got my 6litreEater seats....-seat-bracket-2.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silversrtman
Yeah man I dont know how anyone our height and taller comfortably drives these cars. Even with the stock seats I had no idea how uncomfortable I was driving until I lowered my seat. Now it is just such a better feeling being comfortable and being able to sit up straight.

The only thing that hurt about doing fixed seating position was having to weld on extra to my really nice 6LE bracket. Because I am so tall my seating position was way off the bracket. Heres some pics so you see what I am talking about. Hope this helps if/when you do yours fixed.
Damn I didn't think about that. I don't have access to a welder so I probably won't be able to do this...I guess mounting them to the stock holes leaves the seat way too forward for someone our height.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah way to far forward....you could try bolting some flat stock like I welded it or try bringing it somewhere local and show them my pictures...all you would have to do is measure and drill some holes?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great!

I ordered the last pair a couple weeks ago. They are on backorder as I won't get them for another month or more.

Can you please post more pictures???

I have a Wolfe 6 pt rollbar and would like to see how the top of the seat fits in relation to the headliner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my 6litreEater seats....