Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New camaro stripes have wax on them? Step inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 05:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New camaro stripes have wax on them? Step inside

I had a friend of mine call me and someone had waxed or tried to wax her car and went right over the stripes and left nice wax/buff marks on it. Wish i had a before picture but i just jumped right in and for got so if you have this happen to your car use Turtle Wax ICE worked like a dream. Did a full detail for her and it came out awesome. I had done some research but never found anyone had shown the end result.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buffer swirls by definition is damage to the surface, meaning it cut into the surface and unleveled the clear coat.

Unless you leveling it out with a buffer and with proper technique and chemicals, at best you applied a filler to make it look better. I suspect this was more like improper wax removal or a combo. ICE does not last long so check it out after it had time to come off.

I dont mind ICE, used it when it first came out, but moved on to better products but it is good as a booster or a quick wax in a pinch.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stripes are a matte finish that have no clear coat it's kind of like getting regular wax on your plastic bumper and it turning white

Quick Reply: New camaro stripes have wax on them? Step inside