Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ceramic coating stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ceramic coating stuff...

I know a place near me that will ceramic coat pretty much anything... so I was thinking I could take my steering column there and have the column done up? I abhor rust. My moms 2011 ford focus has never gotten wet inside and there is surface rust in her steering column area.... (just an example of what I'm worried about) I dont want to put 20 grand into a car just for the interior to deteriorate on me.

Last edited by trevmust; 09-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by trevmust
I know a place near me that will ceramic coat pretty much anything... so I was thinking I could take my steering column there and have the column done up? I abhor rust. My moms 2011 ford focus has never gotten wet inside and there is surface rust in her steering column area.... (just an example of what I'm worried about) I dont want to put 20 grand into a car just for the interior to deteriorate on me.

trevmust:

I'm assuming you're referring to Bright Ceramic Coating and if that’s the case I don't recommend it. You won't be able to spray in or polish sufficiently in the deep recesses which will make it rust that much quicker on the inside. If rust is your major concern I’d recommend powder coating over ceramic is this situation.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i found a flaming river column, i just need to measure an elkie column lol

Quick Reply: ceramic coating stuff...