Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Planning red angel eye/ projector retrofit build

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning red angel eye/ projector retrofit build

I've scoured the forum for all the angel eye ideas and none of them are quite my style, although id buy almost any of them to save my time and patience on this upcoming project!

Anyways, I saw the red halo put into the highbeam area and thats a good idea but i use my highbeams on my daily and nightly trip to and from my girlfriends house, whuch puts me on deer infested streets.
I've seen the red halos put onto the sonar headlights and I actually really like that idea and write-up, but the link to the 80mm CCFL rings brings me to the website thats currently under reconstruction. -.-

My plan is to slap some Morimoto Mini H1 (@NeoLoco's legit write-up) into my stockers with the whistler mod. I want to put the halos around the projectors and keep my highbeams the same.

I ask for any and allllll horror stories, comments, ideas, advice, etc etc.

Will any 80mm CCFL angel eyes work? I'm seeing ones for BMW's and I'm assuming they'll work but i dont want to throw eBay $30 for nothing.
Any info on what resistors to get, how to wire them, what glue to use or anything of help would be awesome.
Thanks!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:41 AM
On The Tree

Get the Morimoto XB Led Rings From The Retrofit Source. they are pre Wired and look good. They dont show Red on their site but they can get them in red.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Striker289
Get the Morimoto XB Led Rings From The Retrofit Source. they are pre Wired and look good. They dont show Red on their site but they can get them in red.
i just checked them out and i think i will go with them, thanks! So how do I order them in red since they only show white/ amber?
Old 12-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Striker289
i emailed them about it but they cant do it... I can change the LEDs out though right?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Launching!

On my old car I had red halo's.I had a buddy swap the led's after we pulled them apart.It wasnt a hard job.

I this his name is evil one and his name is josh.Last I remeber it was a sticky.

Quick Reply: Planning red angel eye/ projector retrofit build