Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best place to get an SS hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get an SS hood

Hey guys, have had a fe buddies purchased aftermarket hoods online and they fit like $#!+. Any suggestions on who sells the best SS hood for a 94 Camaro? Fitment is important.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:37 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Vfn. But they don't make a standard OEM looking SS hood scoop. It's raised to 3"
Old 06-12-2013, 07:24 AM
TECH Veteran

^^yep. NOTHING fits as nicely as a GM OEM hood. Honestly if you are set on that style, I would wait it out and look for a stock one. YOu get what you pay for and are gauranteed to not be disappointed.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
^^yep. NOTHING fits as nicely as a GM OEM hood. Honestly if you are set on that style, I would wait it out and look for a stock one. YOu get what you pay for and are gauranteed to not be disappointed.
Havent looked in the parts section on the forum yet, but if time gets short and im not the most patient but any other reliable sources? If I order an OEM SS hood from some random source; How much cutting would I have to be doing in your guys experience? 6LE sells a great one but for 1 its carbon fiber and want to paint it the new good. Would feel bad painting a carbon fiber one. And 2 its $700. I was thinking in the $200-300 range. I should do more searching...
Old 06-15-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Veteran

^^ there will be no cutting involved on a OEM SS hood from any source... Did you you mean non-OEM?
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls1CamaroGuy87
^^ there will be no cutting involved on a OEM SS hood from any source... Did you you mean non-OEM?
Well a lot of us get mixed up on OEM parts. Non-OEM meaning not ordered straight from GM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:22 PM
TECH Resident

you can't order a GM hood from GM. seriously save up another 200 and get an OEM hood.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

^why can't you?

$2-300 range, you won't find anything for that price except for hoods4sale on ebay, which is hit or miss quality/fitment-wise, and will require a decent amount of body work to get looking decent. I've bought two from them, and overall I was happy for the price, but will probably spend the few hundred extra and buy from a tried and true source the next time I need a hood

An actual OEM hood is the ideal route fitment wise, but being that you're looking for something really inexpensive, it probably isn't the most ideal for you financially, at least not new ($12-1400 or so last I recall). Of course you can TRY to find a used one, but that's not always an easy task for a part like that, especially depending on how the f-body scene is locally for you, as you'll most likely need to find it somewhere where you can drive to pick it up, since most people aren't going to want to ship a hood. But if you can find a good condition used OEM hood for a decent price, that's the way to go.

Best price you'll probably find for a new hood from one of the bigger companies is Trufiber.. $540 shipped
http://www.lmperformance.com/t/53-8/1.html

or if you want cheaper you can go the pin-on route with Glasstek, $315 before shipping..
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/hoods-1/

Last edited by crimson_bird; 06-17-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Best place to get an SS hood