Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

rice rice baby

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rice rice baby

Ok,

Soooo Im poor and saving up to make my car fast, so Im going to make it look "fast" lol for now.

I bought a second 6 speed center console as I want to make a more streamline lid, loose the cup holder(m6 = never used hole) and since I dont smoke no need for that ash tray.

I planned on cutting out the holes epoxying some chicken wire in the voids. tossing some glass on it and looking fast...

Anybody make texture in a can that matches the texture on our cars, anybody done this? Any suggestions?

Ill make a build thread but looking to do alittle planning before I cut into this as I got it at a steal and dont want to have to buy yet another(not touching stock one as its literally perfect)
Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 0 input but I'm wondering how swapping a 6 speed console makes your car look faster??
Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
I have 0 input but I'm wondering how swapping a 6 speed console makes your car look faster??
Maybe im old, or hung around too many old guys. But I grew up on less is more and making things sleeker makes them look faster cleaner sexier etc etc.

I have a 6speed console in it, as its a m6 car. I am just gonna clean the project one up remove all the stuff I said fill in the gaps and just make it simple and clean.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's my console. Its wrapped in a vinyl/leather that matches the texture of the arm rest. It also covers up any imperfections in craftsmanship

Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Nice man looks good didn't really think about wrapping it
Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could be faster if you get a lighter 6 speed console jk man.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The 6speed consoles look better than the autos IMO. When I had a grand am, I wanted to do a gauge pod like this. Apparently there is a paint called SEM texture paint. It gets it looking really good. Look through this thread, especially page 5 for results.

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...=custom+gauges

Last edited by Tipnitty; 06-20-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bud your nuts,just had to state that,no console mod will make your car faster,and these days ya dont wanna look like a drag car,sleek,low,mean,with killer wheels,ill take that look over looking like a drag car that runs 13s anyday,good idea but in no way does your title make any sence
Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Bro I get what your saying old school but leave that for the older Camaro's these cars look good with what they have with some exceptions. Do some led swamps, make a grill for the scoop with that chicken wire. Or prove us wrong and build something tottaly different
no dis respect meant here at all
Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tipnitty
The 6speed consoles look better than the autos IMO. When I had a grand am, I wanted to do a gauge pod like this. Apparently there is a paint called SEM texture paint. It gets it looking really good. Look through this thread, especially page 5 for results.

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/sh...=custom+gauges
sem texture paint........ THANK YOU lol, that pic on page 5 I was like oh heck ya this stuff will work great.

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Bud your nuts,just had to state that,no console mod will make your car faster,and these days ya dont wanna look like a drag car,sleek,low,mean,with killer wheels,ill take that look over looking like a drag car that runs 13s anyday,good idea but in no way does your title make any sence
the title was cause im doing a ricer mod ... lol makes the car appear custom while being fairly stock lol. I guess I have plans beyond my mild cam and tune currently. Just trying to get the car bullet proofed first(rearend, trans, then motor)

I guess if I was at a car show and saw a super sleek tasteful interior I would assume the drivetrain was already done thus why I view what im doing riceresk lol idk
Old 06-21-2013, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silent_soul
sem texture paint........ THANK YOU lol, that pic on page 5 I was like oh heck ya this stuff will work great.
Very welcome sir. I hear it's great stuff.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Will you also be slapping on WS6 & last of breed badges on?
Old 06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by superlazy
Will you also be slapping on WS6 & last of breed badges on?
I have my limits......lol

Quick Reply: rice rice baby