Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Taylor Lynn Foundation McLaren MP4-12C - Immaculate Reflections

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Taylor Lynn Foundation McLaren MP4-12C - Immaculate Reflections

I was privileged to work on this McLaren MP4-12C that serves as the charity car for the Taylor Lynn Foundation. This car helps to raise awareness of this charity and was the charity car on the Gold Rush Rally last year and this year as well. You'll notice there are numerous hearts all over the car....each one represents a donation to the charity. The car is fully wrapped in a custom vinyl wrap designed by Robert Graham and is just amazing in person. I spent hours working on it and was still finding new intricate colors and patterns! Together with its sister car, the two McLarens raised tens of thousands of dollars for the Taylor Lynn Foundation. I was honored to work on it and to add a few hearts to it myself.

The motto for the charity is "Take a moment to give back". And if you'd like to support this great cause, here is their site: http://www.taylorlynn.org

Car wasn't in bad shape by any means, but still needed some tidying up before the Gold Rush Rally

Sonax Full Effect doing its thing on the wheels

After agitating the Sonax....

Fresh and clean!

A couple hours later, car was all finished and looking ready for the Gold Rush Rally!

Jeff (owner) adding more hearts from donations given

The hearts I added to the car

And my two favorite shots of the car

Thanks for looking and if you feel inclined, please "Take a moment to give back".
Old 06-22-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

That's awesome Jeff. I am sure you got a lot of personal enjoyment doing that car. I am going to assume there was no polishing on the car due to the vinyl, just a good cleaning?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great cause. Thanks for sharing the pics, maybe I will even add a heart soon.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
That's awesome Jeff. I am sure you got a lot of personal enjoyment doing that car. I am going to assume there was no polishing on the car due to the vinyl, just a good cleaning?
It is a great feeling, yes. You're correct. The film does make it easy, so just a real thorough cleaning. No 70hr correction THIS TIME!

Originally Posted by SS LeadFoot
What a great cause. Thanks for sharing the pics, maybe I will even add a heart soon.
Thank you! That's fantastic! The car will be on display in August in Pebble Beach, so get your heart on it before then And thank you!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Heck yeah. Love seeing when stuff like this happens for charities and causes, shows there are some out there still with some compassion.

Jeff, great work on it. I would have felt the same way if I had the honor of working on something of this nature.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool car, but I would think it would be better to take the 200+k to buy the car and put it into the charity...maybe I missed something.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 AM
TECH Regular

^im assuming the owner of the car wrapped it to use it as a canvas for charity hearts. it wasn't bought by or for the charity, just used as a canvas. maybe i'm wrong though
Old 07-01-2013, 03:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

nice work as always Jeff

Originally Posted by justin455
Cool car, but I would think it would be better to take the 200+k to buy the car and put it into the charity...maybe I missed something.
-200k donated to the foundation equals 200K in the foundations account. one time deal

-200k into a marketing/advertising piece that can be shown at many events, in many locations, as well as online, constantly helping to get the word out, can overtime help bring in more money than the initial cost of the car. aka an investment...

but it probably wasn't purchased solely for this, probably a personal car just getting used for the cause.

Last edited by crimson_bird; 07-01-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know what the Taylor Lynn Foundation is and i'm sure as hell not going to google it, because i don't care. i think you do great work detailing cars and i love the McLaren, but in my opinion no detail is going to fix that paint job / wrap job. i think it's ugly as sin
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. They have this McLaren and a sister car at a cost of about half a million dollars, and they have raised "tens of thousands of dollars." That puts them DEEP in the red. I would be very upset if I donated to this charity thinking it could fund a sports team or send a high school graduate to college, and found out that my money went into buying a supercar with a vinyl wrap.

Jeff, the owner, is a board member and a director in the Private Bank of Credit Suisse. Maybe it is his personal car and he just had it wrapped to advertise.

Last edited by Pseudonym; 07-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

The McLaren was donated by an individual not purchased by the foundation.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
The McLaren was donated by an individual not purchased by the foundation.
Thanks for clearing that up. Did the same guy buy both cars?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94 White T/A
^im assuming the owner of the car wrapped it to use it as a canvas for charity hearts. it wasn't bought by or for the charity, just used as a canvas. maybe i'm wrong though
The OWNER of the car uses it to help raise money with the charity. The charity does not own the car.

I think some people are confused on that.....
Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Some info for people wondering what this foundation is about:
Our first goal is to raise funds to enhance and enrich the lives of children. Donations will benefit children directly. We believe that providing funds via our microGRANTs makes a greater impact over committing all funds to one particular organization. By doing so, we maintain flexibility in how the monies are allocated. Again, giving us the ability to reach more children.
At Taylor Lynn Foundation we pride ourselves on providing the utmost benefit to the children first hand.
Our second goal is an extremely easy one. The focus is on increasing people's awareness of taking time out of their busy schedules to dedicate their time and talents toward a worthy cause; helping our society and our families, as well as ourselves.
We live in a fast-paced world of schedules and timelines and rarely are we introduced to the many organizations in our local region where we may donate our time and resources to helping others. It's easier than you think; helping often means traveling no further than your own backyard.

If it was a charity going to a disease like cancer I'd donate to it in a heartbeat, but being a donation to help poor kids is how I'm reading it. Sorry but I'd rather give money directly to my local shelter or a random homeless person. I would question that owner of how much he's donated of his own money if he's going to drive that and suggest others give. Nice car
Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Car looks cool, different, but cool. I think the whole charity car thing is interesting, and I know of some local people who do similar things. I think if you use a vehicle as a means of generating interest for a charity, you can write off some of the expense of the car for tax purposes.

So if I decided to buy a new C7 corvette and have it wrapped with a charity cause, and take it to fundraisers for different charities, I could write off part of the expense of the car since it's being used for charity purposes.

It's a gray area I guess, but hell, it's a car site, and I think the car is cool.

Quick Reply: Taylor Lynn Foundation McLaren MP4-12C - Immaculate Reflections