Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Gauge cluster LED's

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gauge cluster LED's

Need to finish up my McNord install.....what is the current consensus on the best LED to use? I've seen threads mentioning the WLED-x5/x6/HP5/HP6. What would be the pros/cons on the different ones available?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

This is the only LED bulb I've used in all the clusters Ive done. The light output is amazing and I have never had one fail. None of superbrightleds.com bulbs have ever failed on me, unlike a lot of others Ive tried.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...edge-base/206/
Old 07-20-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 241 Likes on 197 Posts

^^^ yes.......same here..............in red
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the LED's in. I was nervous what the color would be, but they're awesome! Only problem was the turn signal arrows don't just show the arrow, there is a circle of green light around the arrows. The stock bulbs work as I'd like but of course they are not green, so I'd like to find some green bulbs. Anybody know where I can get green 161 bulbs? As far as I could see, superbright only sells LED.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
Need to finish up my McNord install.....what is the current consensus on the best LED to use? I've seen threads mentioning the WLED-x5/x6/HP5/HP6. What would be the pros/cons on the different ones available?
Here is the write up I did for our McNord gauges. 6LE endorses these LEDs for great color and spreading of the light. Since these do not have a direct LED light output on top, there will be no hotspots behind the gauges to look cheap.

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/forum/...p?topic=1077.0
Old 07-31-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2QuikTA
Got the LED's in. I was nervous what the color would be, but they're awesome! Only problem was the turn signal arrows don't just show the arrow, there is a circle of green light around the arrows. The stock bulbs work as I'd like but of course they are not green, so I'd like to find some green bulbs. Anybody know where I can get green 161 bulbs? As far as I could see, superbright only sells LED.
It's weird you got a circle around your turn signals. I didn't, and I used a green LED.

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster LED's