Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Camaro Leather Seat Patterns

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro Leather Seat Patterns

Have a 99 Z28 with factory "leather" interior that is looking a little worn and has torn along the center sew lines.

I would like to sew some replacements but would rather not take my originals apart (in case I screw up along the way) to create my new pieces since the car is my Daily Driver.

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, the sewing pattern for the 4th gen Camaro so I can cut and assemble replacement seat covers?
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Protius
Have a 99 Z28 with factory "leather" interior that is looking a little worn and has torn along the center sew lines.

I would like to sew some replacements but would rather not take my originals apart (in case I screw up along the way) to create my new pieces since the car is my Daily Driver.

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, the sewing pattern for the 4th gen Camaro so I can cut and assemble replacement seat covers?
At the junk yard. The cloth seat is the same pattern as the leather one.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Call me lazy but I was hoping maybe somebody had access to the actual template as a digital file that I could print, cut, and sew...
Old 09-10-2013, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I think your gonna be stuck buying jukyard cloth covers. I can see a company giving out a templete that they had to create themselves. They want to sell you a seat cover, not the tools to do it yourself. GM does not make templates like this available to the general public. The camaro seats are easy to work with. Plus, at least if you make the template yourself you know its right.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Teching In

I completely see your logic and you're probably right about hitting the junkyard. I was just hoping maybe somebody here may have done it or had a friend of a friend who had done it and had the patterns that they wouldn't mind sharing with the masses.

If anybody comes across them though...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:50 PM
TECH Addict

Call me lazy but I was hoping maybe somebody had access to the actual template as a digital file that I could print, cut, and sew...
I completely see your logic and you're probably right about hitting the junkyard. I was just hoping maybe somebody here may have done it or had a friend of a friend who had done it and had the patterns that they wouldn't mind sharing with the masses.

If anybody comes across them though...
Hey Lazy, go to the junk yard, spend $20 bucks and use a cloth seat cover. Be the guy that people come to for the template.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Teching In

But then...would the people be my friends because of the lazy guy I am or would they just be using me for my seat template??

I guess I've done worse things for less...
Old 09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

But then...would the people be my friends because of the lazy guy I am or would they just be using me for my seat template??

I guess I've done worse things for less...
True...I guess they'd just be using you. We've all done worse, lol.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never actually seen anyone scan a template in. Our guy has a factory piece that he uses as a pattern every time.

Quick Reply: Camaro Leather Seat Patterns