Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Brainstorming: What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?

Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brainstorming: What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?

Brainstorming ideas of doing something custom with the whole rear end of a Firebird/Trans Am. Mainly focusing on the exhaust valance area, but definitely including redoing the whole look area of the bumper/tail light openings and tail lights themselves. Interesting to see others viewpoints and likes. So what rear ends of other vehicles do you like?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The trans am is perfection from the rear with:
Nice tips (4" cores clones)
Fat tires out back
Wheels with a proper offset, where they're not all tucked in
Reverse lights blacked out

You don't mess with perfection!
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wanted to see centered exhaust with diffusers on a TA.

Last edited by Devylyst; 09-12-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

I actually did some rough sketches (tracing over pics of the car) of an idea I had, basically the idea is to get rid of the way the car curves back in on the back end as much as possible, you would start by getting the widest point (at the center of the rear wheels) and you keep that width all the way back (may want to bring it in some, these are still early concepts) and then where the tail lights are make that panel flat across (you would still have the bumper sticking out below it) and use like the tail lights from the current challenger or something that fit the look and you would have this "lip" that protrudes out around the whole tail light panel. See if the sketches make any sense to you.
Attached Thumbnails Brainstorming:  What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?-rear-best-angle.jpg   Brainstorming:  What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?-section.jpg   Brainstorming:  What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?-alt-view.jpg  
Old 09-12-2013, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like a Saleen Mustang with 3rd gen-ish tails. Bleh...

Old 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
I actually did some rough sketches (tracing over pics of the car) of an idea I had, basically the idea is to get rid of the way the car curves back in on the back end as much as possible, you would start by getting the widest point (at the center of the rear wheels) and you keep that width all the way back (may want to bring it in some, these are still early concepts) and then where the tail lights are make that panel flat across (you would still have the bumper sticking out below it) and use like the tail lights from the current challenger or something that fit the look and you would have this "lip" that protrudes out around the whole tail light panel. See if the sketches make any sense to you.
Except the whole car is a curved, "organic" look, so putting a straight-ish back end on it won't look right.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

This was my first choice, but again, it goes completely against the curvy organic look of the 4th gen Firebirds:

My second thought was something radical, like this:
Old 09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

the idea I had doesn't kill all the curves and I still haven't figured out exactly how I would blend it at the bumper you could still work some "flow" to it, enough it wouldn't look out of place I think. truthfully it would probably be better suited on a camaro or the early 4th gen bird (kinda makes the car more of an "arrow" shape (atleast thats whats in my head).

This is the first i've seen of the newer saleens (I really haven't kept up with ford since they slanted the rearend at such an ugly angle on the stang) but that has several of the cues I was going for, I just wouldn't blend the bumper that way.

I really need a good scale model ,that is large enough to work with, of a 98+ firebird so I can design it in 3D and explore all the angles.

This is my modern spin inspired by the classic years like pictured here http://www.angelfire.com/or/Travspag.../Trans_Am3.jpg
Old 09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
The trans am is perfection from the rear with:
Nice tips (4" cores clones)
Fat tires out back
Wheels with a proper offset, where they're not all tucked in
Reverse lights blacked out

You don't mess with perfection!
This man speakith the truth
Old 09-12-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

x2 on the center exhaust tips. Would be freaken sweet of there was a custom bumper out there.

Also agree with Crimson, they are already pretty much perfection.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackpanther99
x2 on the center exhaust tips. Would be freaken sweet of there was a custom bumper out there.

Also agree with Crimson, they are already pretty much perfection.
X3, classic already. But that center exhaust w/ diffusers, may go with it
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
i swear to god man dont do that

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Looks like a Saleen Mustang with 3rd gen-ish tails. Bleh...

Originally Posted by ZexGX
This was my first choice, but again, it goes completely against the curvy organic look of the 4th gen Firebirds:

My second thought was something radical, like this:
second one is cool, but putting a cool rear that doesnt fit will ruin that cool rear and car
Old 09-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Keep them coming guys. I do like the T/A overall, but then again still just brainstorming ideas.

The C6 diffuser center exhaust bumper is awesome looking.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brainstorming: What rear ends designs of other vehicles do you like?