Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Elbow Grease

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elbow Grease

I wanted to ask those of you, like me, that uses there 93-02 Fbodys as a daily driver and one you got it, it wasn't in excellent shape but not terrible. What have you done to help take it from okay to actually pretty nice. I have installed a new shifter boot retaining ring. used JB weld to fix a cracked piece of the ash tray brace and the side of the center console that the shift boot ring clips into. I fixed the factory radio. installed cags skip shift eliminator. I have replaced the missing trans am and bird decal on the brake light filler piece. fixed passenger fog light that got knocked up into the bumper and replaced fog lights. Also replaced the clutch and trans mount. I have a new bird nose emblem order and will have it put on when I get the car painted. It still need a good number of thing. What have you all replaced or repaired fairly cheap and easily that you feel turns an okay car to a nice car?
Old 10-18-2013, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive replaced more than half of the headlight wiring. Re-painted the hood, and replaced window motor. Im gonna be replacing the seats and carpet soon. I just need to fix what seems like a vacuum leak and some suspension squeaks.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

My next biggest thing is putting in a headliner. The previous owner took it out to "fix" a ttop leak. And by fix he means spray liquid rubber every where. Only thing that accomplished was a eye sore and difficult ttop operation. My seats and carpet looks pretty good not torn or damaged just normal wear. I would like some of the multi color seats that I think they started using in 97
Old 10-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

or at least I believe that's when they started using them in the firebirds. I am not as familiar with Camaros
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

My car wasn't in bad shape when I got it, but I pulled out the seats and vacuumed out all the crap that was there, pulled the center console and vacuumed out all the cigarette ash that was in there from the broken ashtray (probably a couple cartons worth of ash) and gave the body a real good wash and Finally starting to get around to polishing and waxing the exterior by hand.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:07 PM
12 Second Club

We'll I just started doing the leather with bag balm. I made one application and so far so good. It helps soften the leather and it relaxes all the hard leather creases.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Was wanting to repaint mine and put some WS6 leather in it. Just had to have the motor rebuilt because of a lifter shitting the bed. Sucked all that money right out the pocket.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

looks like im going to have to replace the fuel pump. It has been trouble of and on since I got it. It will crank jump between 4 and 6 hundred rpm then die off. but sometimes it works just fine. let it seat for a little while get it running and it'll hold strong at around 1100 rpm at idle. also had a thought that the optispark might be fouling

Quick Reply: Elbow Grease