Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SEMA Interivew with Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEMA Interivew with Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies

At this year's SEMA event in Las Vegas, I had a few minutes to chat with Dr.G about Optimum and this years new product offerings.

Autopia: Hey Dr.G, it looks like a lot of new things are going on at Optimum. I used to remember the plain labels and solid print on your products. Everything looks so pretty now...

Dr.G: When we first started we were working more towards the body shop environment. Everything was simple for ease of use. Then we moved into the OEM market and retail markets were upscale labeling is important.

Autopia: It seems like a lot is going on, what has Optimum been focusing on?

Dr. G: Things have been crazy. We are doing a lot of work with our professional side, with the coatings for professionals. We now offer a warranty and an installation kit to professionals which includes our pre-polish and Opti-Coat. On the retail side we have several new products that I'm excited about...

... first up is Opti-Glass Clean & Protect.

Autopia: What can you tell us about Opti-Glass Clean & Protect?

Dr.G: It is very easy-to-use glass cleaner that can be used by itself or onto of glass that has Opti-Glass Coating. The idea for this product actually came from Nick at Autogeek. It took us almost a year to develop a product that will clean glass streak free, while leaving behind substantial protection.

Autopia: What do you mean by substantial protection?

Dr. G: By itself, you will get about a month of high-velocity water beading in addition to a dramatic reduction in the amount of greasy film that sticks to the windshield. Best of all, its very easy to use.

We also have two new clay bars, which is a big deal. The yellow clay is 2 separate bars and the gray/purple bar is one large bar. They use an elastic clay which is safe for paint but very effective and cleaning the paint. You can use with diluted ONR for a great and cost-effective lubricant.

Lastly, we are going up with Optimum Carpet and Fabric Cleaner and Protectant.

Autopia: That sounds pretty self explanatory...

Dr.G: Ha, ha... Yes... Carpet and Fabric Cleaner is a spray and wipe solution that is safe for any carpet, fabric or upholstery in a vehicle. Simply spray and clean with a microfiber towel.

Autopia: Will it leave behind any residue that attracts dirt or mats the fibers?

Dr. G: No, not at all. It will leave behind some protective, eh, polymers. There are no soapy surfactants that will attract dirt or accelerate soiling. In fact, not only does Carpet and Fabric Cleaner and Protectant prevent staining, it reduces the amount of soil that can penetrate the fibers. Like all of our products, it is easy to use.

Autopia: Well Dr. G, I see your booth is busy so I won't keep you further. Thanks for taking the time cover some of the new things we are looking forward to trying from Optimum!

Dr.G: Not at all Todd...

Autopia: Autopia... not Todd, Autopia, I'm undercover...

Dr.G: (puzzled look) ha ha, right... Autopia. Thank you for the support through out the years!

Quick Reply: SEMA Interivew with Dr. G from Optimum Polymer Technologies