Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What you do to show your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What you do to show your car?

Finally got the nerve up to put in Autorama here in Detroit a few weeks ago and never thought i would take first place (conservative hardtop 00-06) with only paint and polish on car! Some stuff i do most don't notice but when tires were mounted i had valve stem at bottom and tire lettering at top then once parked, jack car up to rotate all to same position (at the big shows not local ones as much) also put both seats in same upright position ,all vents going same way,etc. I also have a front plate bird and rear taillight filler that light up and made a plug in for a 12v transformer (those boxie things that take up room on a power strip) to power up at places that have electric and was nice for Autorama! Whats some of the things you do or look for or would be interesting? Pictures a plus! I am playing around with idea for hood but will be few weeks on that ones out! heres a few pics from show my camera messed up and all i have is pics from friends/family
Old 03-23-2014, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Very nice and congratulations!! I also do the vent and seats alignment thing and everything in position like the car was in the military. I like your tire thoughts and I also make sure the weights are never on the outside of the rim. I have 'simple' placards that give a brief talk about the car without making it a book. Many people like reading a bit about the hp, production numbers, etc... I usually bring my original window sticker too. It's a hit more times than not. When I judged I rarely read anything more than 10 lines on a placard. That gets too long IMO and actually detracts from the car. When there is a rich history of the car, a notebook can be placed in the open trunk for people to read further. Too much clutter otherwise.
Still the bottom line is an ultra clean car with a sweet shine. If entering a 'points' show you really need to make the effort to fit properly in that classification you enter. I never entered my T/A in a 'points' show like that but did enter my old Porsche 911 in some serious 'points' shows in Atlanta. I brought home awards each time using the formula like we talked about above. I still do in my Aerocoupe too, winning an 'outstanding' at the Super Chevy show at Bristol last summer.
It's a lot of fun, a lot of work, but I'm glad to see others post on here about their show success. Again, nice going!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for my car being so shitty, and drive back to the parking lot!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car quarantined because of the spots it's got? Looks like a couple others have the same issue. That sucks, better get it and anyone else that's come in contact with it recently checked out!

Beautiful car man, and congrats on the award. If my car wasn't a POS, I'd love to enter it into some local shows.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Heh, ..., Hardtop winner on a t-top car, ...,

Quick Reply: What you do to show your car?