Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Hybrid emblem? yay or nay

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hybrid emblem? yay or nay

So I was bored and put a Hybrid Emblem on the berger panel.

What does everyone think?
I get stopped so often asking if it's a real hybrid
Old 08-05-2014, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

ehh may look a little better where the Z28 emblem was
Old 08-05-2014, 07:54 PM

I don't know what made me put it on the left side haha
Old 08-05-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

You would be surprised how many people scratch their heads. I enjoy the puzzled looks lol.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple explanation for when some one asks: "Sure it's a hybrid. It's a Camaro and it's got a Corvette engine in it."
Old 08-05-2014, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I think its cool when people put the flex fuel badges on cars running E85. Not quite sure where the hybrid thing comes from?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by z-camaro
I think its cool when people put the flex fuel badges on cars running E85. Not quite sure where the hybrid thing comes from?
Hybrids get what? Around 50 or more MPG. My camaro gets 11mpg and that's on 93 octane (I live in nyc so I only do city driving) for me it's sort of making fun of people who buy expansive cars that are good on fuel, when you can buy a cheaper car and use that money towards gas. Like with the tesla, it's 100k or so, I can buy a car with similar options for 50k and use that extra 50k I saved for gas. How long do you have to drive a tesla to start making the money back on gas, and gas is going down, it used to br 4.50 a gallon and now its 4.09
Old 08-05-2014, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

You can't really compare a Tesla to our cars though. Tesla motors is one of the absolute best engineering companies in the last decade. If you buy a Tesla its because you are trying to decrease your carbon footprint and would wipe your *** with an extra 50K (the model S is only in the 60K range) because your still going to have to buy fuel (electricity) anyways. Until Teslas patent releases on their SuperCharger charge station encourage other automakers to develop a universal charging plug, People with Teslas arent going to be able to charge their batteries away from home.
And Gas is not going down unless we geologists find an incredible oil reserve in the states (hint, all our oil reserves have been found). The long term trend on gas is going to continue pushing new highs, yea it may vary week by week and month by month but there is no chance it ever shows long term decrease in prices until automobiles no longer run on oil products.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
You can't really compare a Tesla to our cars though. Tesla motors is one of the absolute best engineering companies in the last decade. If you buy a Tesla its because you are trying to decrease your carbon footprint and would wipe your *** with an extra 50K (the model S is only in the 60K range) because your still going to have to buy fuel (electricity) anyways. Until Teslas patent releases on their SuperCharger charge station encourage other automakers to develop a universal charging plug, People with Teslas arent going to be able to charge their batteries away from home.
And Gas is not going down unless we geologists find an incredible oil reserve in the states (hint, all our oil reserves have been found). The long term trend on gas is going to continue pushing new highs, yea it may vary week by week and month by month but there is no chance it ever shows long term decrease in prices until automobiles no longer run on oil products.
Didn't America find a oil reserve so big that they would have to stop buying overseas and could actually sell too but they couldn't get it out due to not having technology advanced enough? I don't know where I heard that, was it a science class in higj school? Regardless, as cars make more mpg and there are more electric vehicles, I don't see gas prices going up to the point people can't afford them, and if that happened, they'd fall right back down. For me, it's still less to use my car than buy a metrocard, I live in nyc and both of my jobs are 15 minutes away by driving, maybe 3 miles one way.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:11 PM

And un like a tesla, I actually know if my car is on or not and so do my neighbors haha
Old 08-05-2014, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHA. lol I know theres nothing better than a roaring V-8. I just am really impressed with Tesla motors for their environmental and performance reasons. That instant torque + no emissions gives my hippie self and motorhead a raging brainer. Plus the fact that they willingly released tons of patents to actually try to help the electric auto industry is awesome.

As far as oil reserves, There is not many new finds in the continental US. We do most of our domestic drilling off shore, which is one hell of an impossible task as it is. From what I have heard and read natural gas (fraking) is the largest reserve that we have continentally. And that upon itself is one hell of a balancing act between contaminating drinking water, productivity and politics. As for oil products there is Alaska, Gulf of Mexico and some continental shelf drilling on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts. OH and Texas and the Dakotas but those are nothing new.
Attached Thumbnails Hybrid emblem? yay or nay-raging-brainer-1-.jpg  

Last edited by jaxcam02; 08-05-2014 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Agreed
Old 08-05-2014, 11:34 PM

HAHA. lol I know theres nothing better than a roaring V-8. I just am really impressed with Tesla motors for their environmental and performance reasons. That instant torque + no emissions gives my hippie self and motorhead a raging brainer. Plus the fact that they willingly released tons of patents to actually try to help the electric auto industry is awesome.

As far as oil reserves, There is not many new finds in the continental US. We do most of our domestic drilling off shore, which is one hell of an impossible task as it is. From what I have heard and read natural gas (fraking) is the largest reserve that we have continentally. And that upon itself is one hell of a balancing act between contaminating drinking water, productivity and politics. As for oil products there is Alaska, Gulf of Mexico and some continental shelf drilling on the Atlantic and Pacific coasts. OH and Texas and the Dakotas but those are nothing new.

I do agree Teslas are awesome.
I want to buy one and put a ls1 in it (: of course with a hybrid emblem haha

But on another note, the more prices keep on rising, the more efficient engines will be, they have 4 bangers turbo charged and v6s are making the same hp that v8s made 15 years ago.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are they really getting that much better mileage though. It seems everything produced is in the range of 20-25 mpg combined. Seems like anything with decent performance is using gas at a steady rate compared to their predecessors. **** brand new trucks are still getting 14/20 mpgs if they're lucky.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:34 AM

Are they really getting that much better mileage though. It seems everything produced is in the range of 20-25 mpg combined. Seems like anything with decent performance is using gas at a steady rate compared to their predecessors. **** brand new trucks are still getting 14/20 mpgs if they're lucky.

Didn't the ford model a get like 25mph? Granted it was either have on your headlights or move forward, not at the same time haha
Old 08-06-2014, 09:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

What he said.

Might as well be a Type R badge, turbo badge on a n/a car, or a Ford emblem
Old 08-06-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This. Those "less cylinders fuel economy with the power of a larger engine with more cylinders" crap is just marketing. They're made to get their EPA ratings while driving around out of boost. Then it all goes to hell when average Joe has to keep up with traffic.
If you actually use the power, your gas mileage evens out to the same very quickly. I prefer more simple designs designs for getting good mpgs in my daily driver. My 3500lbs sedan with an A4 and OHV 3.5 V6 averages 25mpg in mixed driving and up to 34mpg on highway trips.

I've always said, you don't have to feed liters, cubic inches, or even cylinders. You have to feed horses. You use all those ponies under the hood and they're gonna drink your gas regardless of anything else.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
What he said.

This also. Hybrid badge is dumb as hell.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
What he said.

I can't lie. I thought about putting a vtec emblem on my cowl hood just to **** of my Co workers who have civic.

Lets race,
Hold on, let me turn on my vtec
*turns on fog lights*

Quick Reply: Hybrid emblem? yay or nay