Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Racing Seats Installed in 02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
My Saab 9-3 has the active headrest and you can rest your head comfortably on them while driving.

Problem lies is racing seats have to keep in consideration for Racing Helmets. Otherwise it gonna be an uncomforable drag race.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02T/A-WS6
man those seats are NICE!

Quick question about your shifter stick...It looks like the Hurst chrome MID height stick? Any problems with clearances? Looks great!
Its the hurst Chrome Mid height with the stock hurst shifter.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you driven the car with those new seats for any extended period? Comfort rating? Looks like there isn't much lumbar support. Thanks
Old 03-30-2015, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Double J
Have you driven the car with those new seats for any extended period? Comfort rating? Looks like there isn't much lumbar support. Thanks
Been driving with them for about a month. I have back problems and they are supportive for me. I have no complaints.

Of course one seat may be comfortable for one person and not another. For the price you can't complain if you don't like them after you buy them. Could dump them pretty fast on a quick local sell.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:27 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I may be buying these soon...
Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 PM
On The Tree

Just wanted to bump this thread to see how your new seats were working out. They holding up ok and still comfortable driving?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't see that he's said where he bought them from .... I've been looking through several similar seats at Cardid.com they have a lot to pick from and are a cheaper that the 6LE, sorry Mark. I love your seats but man are they expensive!
Old 07-29-2015, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

He said in one of his earlier replies you could PM him to find out where he got them from**
Old 07-30-2015, 08:54 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

He got them on ebay.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MRMonster
Just wanted to bump this thread to see how your new seats were working out. They holding up ok and still comfortable driving?
I pretty much have the exact same seats without the stitching. "Are the comfortable?" Yes and no. They aren't real leather obviously. It's fake vinyl crap. They hold me in place, so that's a plus. But they also hold me in place because they don't breathe at all, and I get stuck to the seat after about 30 minutes of driving in hot weather. And I'm not like a slob either. I don't sweat a ton but I still manage to get stuck.

Really my only gripe is that it is a faux leather, which I already knew when I purchased them, so it's no ones fault but my own. You get what you pay for. If I ever buy another set of these seats again (which I probably will) I'm gonna go with the suede ones instead. Won't hold heat as much and won't be sticky like the ones I have currently.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah I've noticed that about my faux leather front seats too. Not bad, but I do stick sometimes. My rears are real leather now though (thanks 6LE!) and man I want the rear seat covers on my fronts
Old 08-01-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
I pretty much have the exact same seats without the stitching. "Are the comfortable?" Yes and no. They aren't real leather obviously. It's fake vinyl crap. They hold me in place, so that's a plus. But they also hold me in place because they don't breathe at all, and I get stuck to the seat after about 30 minutes of driving in hot weather. And I'm not like a slob either. I don't sweat a ton but I still manage to get stuck.

Really my only gripe is that it is a faux leather, which I already knew when I purchased them, so it's no ones fault but my own. You get what you pay for. If I ever buy another set of these seats again (which I probably will) I'm gonna go with the suede ones instead. Won't hold heat as much and won't be sticky like the ones I have currently.
Define "slob" lol***
Old 08-02-2015, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

If I ever buy another set of these seats again (which I probably will) I'm gonna go with the suede ones instead. Won't hold heat as much and won't be sticky like the ones I have currently.
Yes, I wish that ALL aftermarket seats (even the cheapies from Procar, etc.) were available in a suede like material, whether real, or even 'faux' alcantara.

I HATE HATE HATE regular smooth leather (or faux leather/vinyl), and even more so now that it is summer, and I have deleted my whole AC system!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:19 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the heads up. I guess the biggest thing I was thinking about comfort in the sense I wouldn't have an aching lower back after 20 min. Also they don't start falling apart after a few months. I didn't think about the heat part. Well I will keep this in mind when I get closer to purchasing a pair.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

OP, do you have a link to the seat brackets?
Old 08-12-2015, 12:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

I found the link you PM'd me OP, but it looks like they are no longer in stock. Is there another link you could PM me for these seats?
Old 08-14-2015, 05:39 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Im not opposed to having a link here, considering I don't know of any sponsors selling seat brackets for aftermarket seats.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Im not opposed to having a link here, considering I don't know of any sponsors selling seat brackets for aftermarket seats.
6LE, though I don't know how many seats they fit.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Ok... didn't realize that 6LE sold universal fit brackets.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well like I said I don't know how many seats they fit, so not sure how universal they really are. Some seat brackets look to have slots for the seat rails to accommodate different width seats, while 6LE only has slightly ovaled holes.

Quick Reply: New Racing Seats Installed in 02 WS6