Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Racing Seats Installed in 02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well I don't think you can get these seats anymore anyway. I tried the link that the OP PM'd me, but it says they don't have any in stock.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Well I don't think you can get these seats anymore anyway. I tried the link that the OP PM'd me, but it says they don't have any in stock.
"JDM mu seats". Type that in on ebay. Hundreds to choose from. Just know its **** leather. So I'd stick with suede, cloth or get a name brand that uses true leather.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Teching In

I run similar seats in my vr4. Corbeau Sportline RRS. They are pretty decent for the money.

Name:  IMG_20140924_081921_352_zpsbeyg6gie.jpg
Views: 5028
Size:  61.5 KB
Old 08-25-2015, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
"JDM mu seats". Type that in on ebay. Hundreds to choose from. Just know its **** leather. So I'd stick with suede, cloth or get a name brand that uses true leather.
I got a few different results that look identical. For example one ends in v14 or t15 etc...

Which one would fit a fbody? Im also looking for suede, cant stand real or fake leather
Old 08-25-2015, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I got a few different results that look identical. For example one ends in v14 or t15 etc...

Which one would fit a fbody? Im also looking for suede, cant stand real or fake leather
I'm pretty sure it's V24. Any seats with 24 should fit, but check the fitment chart and with the seller first. If you type "jdm mu v24 pontiac" you should get 3 hits. The third one should be the suede seats. I would post a link but it's non sponsor. If you want a link you can pm me and I'll link you directly to them.

Like I said though check with the seller first and make sure they fit your vehicle before buying. And you are still going to need a bracket to bolt up the seat I believe. It's not going to bolt right up, I'm not sure where I got my bracket. Hope that helps
Old 08-25-2015, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

I'm pretty sure it's V24. Any seats with 24 should fit, but check the fitment chart and with the seller first. If you type "jdm mu v24 pontiac" you should get 3 hits. The third one should be the suede seats. I would post a link but it's non sponsor. If you want a link you can pm me and I'll link you directly to them.

Like I said though check with the seller first and make sure they fit your vehicle before buying. And you are still going to need a bracket to bolt up the seat I believe. It's not going to bolt right up, I'm not sure where I got my bracket. Hope that helps
Youre correct. I typed my vehicle details and it shows its compatible with the v24 seats. As for the rails, i found some NRG brand on ebay for close to $200. They look like OPs picture.

However, amazon has them for $138 but they are titled for jeep wranglers. They say they will fit my trans am tho, can anyone confirm this?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Launching!

These are not power seats right ? They can't be at that price..
Old 08-26-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

No they are not.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Youre correct. I typed my vehicle details and it shows its compatible with the v24 seats. As for the rails, i found some NRG brand on ebay for close to $200. They look like OPs picture.
Speaking of NRG, the tech person (forgot his name) at Redline interiors told me that the suede material they use on THEIR (NRG's) seats IS REAL ALCANTARA, which I find VERY hard to believe at that price point.

But, just in case it is true, I will pay a little more than the same style, ebay/amazon jdm style junk for them, as I don't know if there is even a slight chance that theirs are real alcantara, EVEN IF they are made in the same exact mainland China factory.

Last edited by dailydriver; 08-26-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick stupid question. These seats will fit a Camaro also correct? I am looking at picking these up for my SS and just want to be sure.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Quick stupid question. These seats will fit a Camaro also correct? I am looking at picking these up for my SS and just want to be sure.
Probably. I'm honestly not 100%. Same thing I said to the other guy though. Type "jdm mu camaro" should bring up results. I can't check fitment cause I'm on mobile. If you can put firebird seats in a camaro, I can't see why an aftermarket seat that will fit a firebird won't fit in a camaro. Check with the seller too.

Originally Posted by dailydriver
Speaking of NRG, the tech person (forgot his name) at Redline interiors told me that the suede material they use on THEIR (NRG's) seats IS REAL ALCANTARA, which I find VERY hard to believe at that price point.

But, just in case it is true, I will pay a little more than the same style, ebay/amazon jdm style junk for them, as I don't know if there is even a slight chance that theirs are real alcantara, EVEN IF they are made in the same exact mainland China factory.
No way it's the real deal. I've honestly never had the opportunity to see the difference between the fake and real stuff. But real Alcantara is like 70 to 100 bucks retail for a 3 yard sheet. So I can't see how it could possibly be the real deal for two seats that are like 250 bucks.

That being said nrg does make nice stuff on the cheap. I got a shot hub, quick release and steering wheel all for under 300. Real high quality stuff most likely made in china.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

No way it's the real deal. I've honestly never had the opportunity to see the difference between the fake and real stuff. But real Alcantara is like 70 to 100 bucks retail for a 3 yard sheet. So I can't see how it could possibly be the real deal for two seats that are like 250 bucks.
The 'alcantara' covered seats are at least $200.00 EACH, and are NOT offered as that (cloth cover ONLY) 2 seats for $200.00- $250.00 'special deal' on amazon and ebay.

You HAVE TO buy them from them, or one of their dealers for the 'regular price'.

That being said, yes, I also STILL have a hard time believing they could be real alcantara as well, but the Redline guy deals with them (NRG) ALL of the time, and this is what he claimed.
He also said that when they deal with HUGE quantity purchases of alcantata rolls from that So. Fla./Miami based importer, the wholesale price comes WAY down.
So who knows??
Old 08-27-2015, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The 'alcantara' covered seats are at least $200.00 EACH, and are NOT offered as that (cloth cover ONLY) 2 seats for $200.00- $250.00 'special deal' on amazon and ebay.

You HAVE TO buy them from them, or one of their dealers for the 'regular price'.

That being said, yes, I also STILL have a hard time believing they could be real alcantara as well, but the Redline guy deals with them (NRG) ALL of the time, and this is what he claimed.
He also said that when they deal with HUGE quantity purchases of alcantata rolls from that So. Fla./Miami based importer, the wholesale price comes WAY down.
So who knows??
My bad man. They do sell a set of suede nrg racing ebay seats in that price range (300 bucks) those are the ones I meant. I should have clarified that.

But I agree they probably get a discount if they bought the real stuff in a wholesale type deal. But just because they save, doesn't necessarily mean they are going to pass on the savings to the consumer. So I'm with you, probably not the real stuff. Its possible because that guy said it was but idk I'm still a skeptic.

Ill look into it more. Maybe I can dig something up.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How are these holding up at this later date?

Wish you had spent more or are they still satisfactory?
Old 08-10-2016, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Interested in Results from a year as well! Seats look good! Anyone have the link from both eBay or Amazon thx
Old 08-10-2016, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Slight update:

I don't know what you want to call it but one of the holes where the harness comes through is coming apart. It just needs to be glued back together, I don't drive the car much either. But the leather still sucks. I wish I got suede or cloth over the fake leather.

But for my firebird I'll be buying different seats, probably bride. So I'll be spending more money because that is my daily and I want to be comfortable. You really need to sit in the seat before you buy it. I know that isn't possible with ebay, but that's the lesson learned.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Slight update:

I don't know what you want to call it but one of the holes where the harness comes through is coming apart. It just needs to be glued back together, I don't drive the car much either. But the leather still sucks. I wish I got suede or cloth over the fake leather.

But for my firebird I'll be buying different seats, probably bride. So I'll be spending more money because that is my daily and I want to be comfortable. You really need to sit in the seat before you buy it. I know that isn't possible with ebay, but that's the lesson learned.
When u say "u need to sit in them"u mean depending on comfort level for each person or they aren't that comfortable.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good advice...thanks especially since I'm in the market for new seats
Old 08-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All I found was the suede would fade quicker and hold more dirt and look older faster. I think I would have to do cloth if not a pleather type that was easy to clean. Maybe some real good suede, but not for cheap ebay stuff.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Blaine how have the seats held up? Are they still comfortable?

Quick Reply: New Racing Seats Installed in 02 WS6