Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

US exotics Superhawk hood first impressions 56K warning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Only time I've ever bought a aftermarket hood was from Roger. Quality was good and had no issues with it.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got another response from Roger saying that he now has figured out what has happened that caused the "bowing". He said that he recently had an issue with a ws9 hood having the same thing. He noticed the con-way driver setting the hood against the wall of the trailer with the top of the hood leaning on the wall and the bottom facing outside then ratcheting the hood in place. With leaving his hot shop to the freezing cold trailer it finished its curing inside the trailer and not where it should have on my car. He blamed the entire issue on himself and said he would be happy to make me a new hood at his expense. I ended up accepting the new hood even though I still feel very bad that he has to go through all this trouble but he is really a great guy to work with. I'll keep the updates coming when I get them.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good info if I ever go fbody route again.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice hood. I have emailed 2 different email account and also sent a message thru eBay and have not had a reply yet. This has been like 2 -2 1/2 weeks ago and still no reply. Glad you are having luck with him. I love his hoods maybe he'll return an email soon.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firebirdmuscle
Nice hood. I have emailed 2 different email account and also sent a message thru eBay and have not had a reply yet. This has been like 2 -2 1/2 weeks ago and still no reply. Glad you are having luck with him. I love his hoods maybe he'll return an email soon.
hmm yeah he was pretty slow to respond via ebay or email. I had the best luck with texts and he is still pretty slow with that, although I'm not going to give everyone his phone number. Hopefully he finally responds.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:03 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The reason he replies slowly is he lives out in the middle of no-where PA, where the only internet is via cell phone, and the cell service isn't great... oh and he spends quite a lot of time in the shop, so doesn't look at his phone a lot.

I actually drove out and picked up my hood, and talked with him for a solid hour or so. He's a standup guy, just not 'online' a lot because he's a one man crew.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats the word on your replacement hood? have you gotten any word on your replacement?

jeez!!! the other guy has been waiting a couple years? i think

so how long was it from when you first ordered to begin with and to when you got it?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
whats the word on your replacement hood? have you gotten any word on your replacement?

jeez!!! the other guy has been waiting a couple years? i think

so how long was it from when you first ordered to begin with and to when you got it?
No word on my replacement yet. The latest I have is him offering me the replacement and I replied that I will take the replacement and I also asked about how long would it be. So far nothing, I was going to wait a bit longer to bother him again. I think the weather is still pretty cold there so maybe once it warms up a bit.

I placed my order on the 16th of December and received it February 19th.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I thought this would be a good time to finally bump this thread and give you all an update with my hood. Roger has finally shipped my replacement and should arrive next Wednesday. With the limited responses from him I found out my hood had been completed for who knows how long but he just couldn't afford to send it to me so I told him I would pay for shipping on the replacement. He does say he will refund me the shipping fees once he has extra cash to do so but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just happy its finally on its way. I'll be putting my current superhawk hood for sale local only for $200 to cover the shipping costs so if you are local your welcome take it off my hands. It would probably be fine if you use hood pins instead of the hood latch.

Anyways stay tuned to for an update on Wednesday when I pickup the new hood from the terminal.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
I thought this would be a good time to finally bump this thread and give you all an update with my hood. Roger has finally shipped my replacement and should arrive next Wednesday. With the limited responses from him I found out my hood had been completed for who knows how long but he just couldn't afford to send it to me so I told him I would pay for shipping on the replacement. He does say he will refund me the shipping fees once he has extra cash to do so but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just happy its finally on its way. I'll be putting my current superhawk hood for sale local only for $200 to cover the shipping costs so if you are local your welcome take it off my hands. It would probably be fine if you use hood pins instead of the hood latch.

Anyways stay tuned to for an update on Wednesday when I pickup the new hood from the terminal.
Glad you are finally getting this resolved. Especially with what I have seen with others that are still waiting for new hoods/ refunds.
If you were a bit closer I'd love to take the old hood off your hands. Hope everything works out.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally received my replacement hood! checkout here on post 3
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l#post18678351
Old 08-27-2015, 11:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

who still uses 56k?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well got her back painted!
Name:  0829151758_HDR_zpsnf9iipum.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  337.7 KB
Name:  0829151759_HDR_zpsyjw1qeae.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  325.2 KB
Name:  0829151759a_HDR_zpskpavijqg.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  306.6 KB
Old 08-31-2015, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like the fitment is great now. Car looks amazing
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
Looks like the fitment is great now. Car looks amazing
Thanks! I could nit pick on a couple of things but overall it came out looking pretty fantastic! I learned that the placement of the hood latch greatly effects how the hood seats down, a few mm off to the side will raise up one side of the hood.
Old 08-31-2015, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cpt.Derrek
Thanks! I could nit pick on a couple of things but overall it came out looking pretty fantastic! I learned that the placement of the hood latch greatly effects how the hood seats down, a few mm off to the side will raise up one side of the hood.
That is some good info right there about setting up fitment. I will have to remember that for some day...

Quick Reply: US exotics Superhawk hood first impressions 56K warning!