Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1998-2002 "SUPER CAR" Bumpers in production now!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Man, I'm getting antsy..... I haven't driven my car in a while waiting to get this bumper on.
lol your going to be waiting another month or two. I got word on these about two weeks ago and they said they wont ship for another two months. Its been absolute hell waiting for these to get to their rightful owners. Its like when you peaked at your christmas presents as a child but christmas never comes.
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
lol your going to be waiting another month or two. I got word on these about two weeks ago and they said they wont ship for another two months. Its been absolute hell waiting for these to get to their rightful owners. Its like when you peaked at your christmas presents as a child but christmas never comes.
I hope your wrong, lol!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

How they going now 6le
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for my absenteeness (is that a word lol?) the notifications for this thread went to spam.

They apparently never took pictures before they shipped it off but we did see it and sign off as it was perfect (I didn't take pics because they were spraying the last coat of primer).

This is our first time with the new factory and it took a little longer BUT they're done and shipping... don't get excited though it's by boat. Supposed to be here end of July or first week of August
Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
This is our first time with the new factory and it took a little longer BUT they're done and shipping... don't get excited though it's by boat. Supposed to be here end of July or first week of August
Oh thank goodness!!! Man I hope they get here by then.

Thanks for checking on this and for returning my e-mails.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Front fenders are on, this bumper is going to look perfect with these wide fenders.
Attached Thumbnails 1998-2002 "SUPER CAR" Bumpers in production now!!!-img_20150701_185646706_hdr.jpg   1998-2002 "SUPER CAR" Bumpers in production now!!!-img_20150701_204546889_hdr.jpg   1998-2002 "SUPER CAR" Bumpers in production now!!!-img_20150426_154546459_hdr.jpg  

Last edited by LS1HIGHLIFE; 07-01-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Banned

Front fenders are on, this bumper is going to look perfect with these wide fenders.
Nice! Where did you get them?
Old 07-01-2015, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Nice! Where did you get them?
A horrible company to deal with.... Chaser Aerodynamics. This particular fender was damaged either before or during shipment and I fought with them for 3mo before I went with the credit card company with a dispute. I cost me $200 to get it repaired enough to be usable. As you know, carbon fiber can not be repaired to original aesthetics, only replaced. According to them, this was the last set of wide body fenders they had. They are the same manufacturer that Mcnord's fenders came from. I also have the carbon fiber rear quarters to adhere on, but that may have to wait until she come out of storage in 3 years. They seem to look great in test fitting.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Banned

A horrible company to deal with.... Chaser Aerodynamics. This particular fender was damaged either before or during shipment and I fought with them for 3mo before I went with the credit card company with a dispute. I cost me $200 to get it repaired enough to be usable. As you know, carbon fiber can not be repaired to original aesthetics, only replaced. According to them, this was the last set of wide body fenders they had. They are the same manufacturer that Mcnord's fenders came from. I also have the carbon fiber rear quarters to adhere on, but that may have to wait until she come out of storage in 3 years. They seem to look great in test fitting.
Drop me an e-mail if you don't mind. We got a set from a great person to deal with but still damaged beyond repair. Just has some questions mark@6LEDesigns.com

We have still been working out the best way to do our own version of the Sunoco Wide Body but bought these in the meantime as we were going to have a Camaro at SEMA but they took long and came in damaged so now we're just doing the truck but still need to wide body his car as we promised to sponsor him (good kid, Marine).
Old 07-01-2015, 07:31 PM
11 Second Club

Drop me an e-mail if you don't mind. We got a set from a great person to deal with but still damaged beyond repair. Just has some questions mark@6LEDesigns.com

We have still been working out the best way to do our own version of the Sunoco Wide Body but bought these in the meantime as we were going to have a Camaro at SEMA but they took long and came in damaged so now we're just doing the truck but still need to wide body his car as we promised to sponsor him (good kid, Marine).
Will do man. I was bummed when I found this one damaged, but it's fixed to the point where you wont be able to tell once painted. I went ahead and bit the bullet on these a while back thinking that my DH wide body dreams were never going to happen.... then you guys mentioned that you were taking a stab at them, lol. I would honestly prefer the DH style over these so if y'all ever get them done I'll most likely swap these out.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

Will do man. I was bummed when I found this one damaged, but it's fixed to the point where you wont be able to tell once painted. I went ahead and bit the bullet on these a while back thinking that my DH wide body dreams were never going to happen.... then you guys mentioned that you were taking a stab at them, lol. I would honestly prefer the DH style over these so if y'all ever get them done I'll most likely swap these out.
I replied but forgot to answer the other question, we're going down tomorrow to find out
Old 07-01-2015, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still think just having the rear fenders just slightly wider up higher would do wonders. The front fenders already have a decent curve to it. I just hate how straight the rear quarter panels are. Even if they had just an extra inch of width centered above the exact center of the wheel.

The only thing is I don't understand how you mount the stock gas cap with wider quarters.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jaxcam02
I still think just having the rear fenders just slightly wider up higher would do wonders. The front fenders already have a decent curve to it. I just hate how straight the rear quarter panels are. Even if they had just an extra inch of width centered above the exact center of the wheel.

The only thing is I don't understand how you mount the stock gas cap with wider quarters.
You either mount a hinge to a fiberglass reproduction they come with or use an Eclipse Billet style cap with built in door.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

I replied but forgot to answer the other question, we're going down tomorrow to find out
Oh snap!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As in the '02 that Harrell built??
Old 07-13-2015, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dailydriver
As in the '02 that Harrell built??
Yea thats what they're talking about
Old 07-28-2015, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Well, it's the last week in July; I hope they will get here very soon.....
Old 07-28-2015, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, it's the last week in July; I hope they will get here very soon.....
I know right, lolz.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get them in yet? I know marks on vacation. Hopefully Gil checks the forum replies
Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Well I don't have an LS car but my LT Supercar bumper will be here tomorrow(Friday) and hopefully will be painted and on by Monday. Hoping it fits and looks awesome, if not it will come right back off and the original right back on,, got my fingers crossed**

Quick Reply: 1998-2002 "SUPER CAR" Bumpers in production now!!!