Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Redline Goods Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Cant wait to see this done.
While you've got the interior pieces out put some sound deadening wrap on the inside of them, it will further quiet things down and will make them feel alot more solid.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Cant wait to see this done.
While you've got the interior pieces out put some sound deadening wrap on the inside of them, it will further quiet things down and will make them feel alot more solid.
Yep, I posted above about the sound deadening. Every square inch of my interior has 80 mil thick "FatMat", with the interior of the outside skin of the doors having the FatMat and the interior skin of the doors having Dynamat. I also will be putting the the carpet insulation down and the new carpet has the mass backing as well. The days of me hearing only the loud exhaust and not hearing my music or carrying on a conversation are over. My goal is to get the interior as quiet as I can so my Kee Audio system can rock on! When I want to get loud, I will switch on the cutout that will be mounted under the ash try lid.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98RaptorTA
Yep, I posted above about the sound deadening. Every square inch of my interior has 80 mil thick "FatMat", with the interior of the outside skin of the doors having the FatMat and the interior skin of the doors having Dynamat. I also will be putting the the carpet insulation down and the new carpet has the mass backing as well. The days of me hearing only the loud exhaust and not hearing my music or carrying on a conversation are over. My goal is to get the interior as quiet as I can so my Kee Audio system can rock on! When I want to get loud, I will switch on the cutout that will be mounted under the ash try lid.
Nice. It makes a hell of a difference, I didn't go the length you did, but close, and its way quieter than stock, its kinda eerie on the highway cause you can't hear the cars next to you.
Heres what I was referring to on the inside plastic interior panels, you did these right?:
I did the a-pillar and T-top plastic inside as well, no pics though.
Attached Thumbnails My Redline Goods Interior-imag0578.jpg   My Redline Goods Interior-imag0577.jpg  
Old 01-10-2016, 01:42 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. It makes a hell of a difference, I didn't go the length you did, but close, and its way quieter than stock, its kinda eerie on the highway cause you can't hear the cars next to you.
Heres what I was referring to on the inside plastic interior panels, you did these right?:
I did the a-pillar and T-top plastic inside as well, no pics though.
It really works that well?
Old 01-14-2016, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

This is awesome, I plan to dynamat my enterior just like this
Old 01-16-2016, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Fourth-Gen Man
It really works that well?
Yes, it made a big difference.
I checked out a bunch of threads of other guys doing it and copied close to what they did and read a lot of comments. It seems like doing the inside of the outer door skin makes a really big difference alone, its really thin there, but a lot of guys over look this (i did it all at once so I don't know)
Like this, you have to remove the door speaker and use the two large holes and stick your arm in there and roll the sound deadener down.
Attached Thumbnails My Redline Goods Interior-imag0581.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice work....not really on board with the two-tone, but like the direction. Should feel 100x better inside.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Yes, it made a big difference.
I checked out a bunch of threads of other guys doing it and copied close to what they did and read a lot of comments. It seems like doing the inside of the outer door skin makes a really big difference alone, its really thin there, but a lot of guys over look this (i did it all at once so I don't know)
Like this, you have to remove the door speaker and use the two large holes and stick your arm in there and roll the sound deadener down.
Thanks! I'll do that. The wind/road noise always bothers me a bit so I'll try that out.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went and bit the bullet! I sent my center console to Poland for redlines expert touch at wrapping the thing.

I'm only having the bottom part of the console wrapped - I'll do something different with the top plastic later. The biggest PITA was making a box to ship it. With USPS international, it could only be so long and certain size.

I'm told it's a six week turn around, I know it'll be worth the wait.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

You are gonna love it! It is worth the money and the wait! I just got back the A-pillers and the door panel map pockets back from them. I am stuck in Guam for another three weeks until I can see them up close and start installing the entire interior. Cannot wait!
Old 02-25-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

You are gonna love it! It is worth the money and the wait! I just got back the A-pillers and the door panel map pockets back from them. I am stuck in Guam for another three weeks until I can see them up close and start installing the entire interior. Cannot wait!
My god, you sent them even more parts! Please post pics when you get back and are able.

I'd like more parts done too, but we'll see.....
Old 02-26-2016, 12:58 AM
On The Tree

Lol, I sent them everything! And what I could not send, I had them send me leather so I can cover myself (large panels too large to ship..dash, rear side panels, etc). I am also having them wrap my entire steering wheel...not just the grip area!
Old 02-29-2016, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Hello. I received my next shipment from Redline Goods: both my A-pillers, and the lower portion of my door panels that covers the speakers and map pockets. Since I am not going to be leaving Guam until the end of March, I had my wife take some pictures of the parts since I was anxious to see them. Sucks I cannot appreciate them in person, but the picts have me excited. The parts look amazing. I added the pictures above under the A-piller and lower door panel thread. Once I get back the end of April, I have a lot to do before I install the interior. I need to install a K-member and Watts link, and then run some electrical for the electric cut out, my lighted Emblempros door sills, and a couple of other odds and ends before the interior can be installed.

For a lot of the things, I will be posting how-tos to help you out doing an interior like this and how to change your seat covers. It is a little more challenging and costs a little more since I went with a thick leather from Redline that is not able to be stretched a lot, so a lot of sewing (time and labor costs) had to be done. But, it will be worth it since my goal is to not see one plastic piece in the interior.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Launching!

Those A pillars came out perfect. I'm not sure if you would know or not, but do you know if Redline plans on selling those, since they had yours to prototype?
Old 03-01-2016, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

As far as I know, everything I sent for prototype will be offered for sale now that they have the patterns. It just may take a bit for them to post on website. Mostly waiting for my install pictures, but that will be a few months till I get to installing everything. They will probably not put the console on the website or any items that are more difficult to install unless asked. I did not have the time or patience to install these myself, and I wanted everything professionally installed. Saying that, YES, but you may need to email them for price. I think almost everything except the console would be easy to install by taking the time and using the correct contact cement. Of course you can always do what I did and send them everything! Send them an email, they are a pleasure to work with. Just expect an email back in a couple of days due to how busy they are and they are in Poland. I have zero regrets...I just wish I could have sent them the larger panels, and was close to doing that, but it was way too expensive (have to go freight instead of USPS). But, they worked with me to send me the leather so I can cover them myself. They are awesome to deal with.

I want to point out one thing. I have a Trans Am. I do not know how many of these parts are compatible...should be quite a few. If you are a Camaro owner and if you see a part that is not compatible from what I have above, get with them and have the part prototyped. You will get a great deal, and a great product.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:05 AM
TECH Regular

Hello. I received my next shipment from Redline Goods: both my A-pillers, and the lower portion of my door panels that covers the speakers and map pockets. Since I am not going to be leaving Guam until the end of March, I had my wife take some pictures of the parts since I was anxious to see them. Sucks I cannot appreciate them in person, but the picts have me excited. The parts look amazing. I added the pictures above under the A-piller and lower door panel thread. Once I get back the end of April, I have a lot to do before I install the interior. I need to install a K-member and Watts link, and then run some electrical for the electric cut out, my lighted Emblempros door sills, and a couple of other odds and ends before the interior can be installed.

For a lot of the things, I will be posting how-tos to help you out doing an interior like this and how to change your seat covers. It is a little more challenging and costs a little more since I went with a thick leather from Redline that is not able to be stretched a lot, so a lot of sewing (time and labor costs) had to be done. But, it will be worth it since my goal is to not see one plastic piece in the interior.
Thanks for posting the updated pics! I'm officially jealous.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this is incredible! I'm glad someone is finally going through with a full interior wrap; I've been dreaming of doing it for years! I have a few Redline pieces that I'm very happy with, but it really brings out the sea of plastic that is the rest of the interior.

What about the whole dash!? I've been wanting to do mine in Alcantara for so long and I've gotten quotes around 3-4k but I really want to tackle everything myself. My brother has been doing carbon fiber wrapping for over a year now and its been coming out great. I'm going to do my interior in a mix of Alcantara, Nappa leather and carbon fiber.

I cant wait to get some more pre-made pieces form Redline, you helped make the process much easier for all of us. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2016, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally when Redline and myself were planning this, wrapping the entire dash might be possible since they might have access to a full dash to prototype. I have the usual cracked dash and I purchased one of those dash panels that is glued on top of the existing dash. I had it covered in the vinyl when I did my interior the first time. When I decided to go all out I was going to send that panel for redline to cover. It was to big to ship, so I was going to have them just send me the leather. Well, I changed my mind and just got the actual dash that I will just swap out and will cover it once I get the leather from Redline. As for the rest of the dash that is around the passenger airbag, to the center portion that houses the radio and climate control, and goes between the replacement dash panel and thof gauge cluster...well, I do not yet know what I am going to do. Now that we have gotten the majority of the pieces done, I am going to work with redline to see what we can do. We will see if they can prototype the rest of the dash by finding a car in Poland. I have no issues paying for them to prototype there. Or, I will just have them send me the leather and I will do it myself with help with my local interior shop. So, that portion is a work in progress as I need to do something so everything matches. But, as of right now I will be doing the large dash panel, and have already got the gauge cluster, and glove box. Hope that answers your question.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

They have been saying they might have access to a dash and seats for years now unfortunately with nothing ever coming of it. I am glad you got the ball rolling on some pieces and I am thankful for what you bring forward for the rest of us. I'm doing my interior with a mix of nappa leather and alcantara but next up on the list is the gauge cover and steering wheel and after that I'm out of pieces to get. While the upgrades I did are awesome and make the interior feel way more modern, like mentioned it really makes some of the plastic stand out.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mac62989
....While the upgrades I did are awesome and make the interior feel way more modern, like mentioned it really makes some of the plastic stand out.
Yep, exactly! LOL, thats how it snowballed to this! This whole thing started out as a shift boot. I had ALREADY, paid and installed my new seats covered in "pleather", with matching doors panel inserts and a shift boot. It was the shift boot that really looked like ***. Found Redline, and then it just snowballed...then the couple of leather covered parts made the plastic look worse, so I said, what the heck! Goal is zero plastic.

Quick Reply: My Redline Goods Interior