Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What color to paint my calipers???

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What color to paint my calipers???

Ive got a black Z28 with polished Y2k C5 rims. pics can be seen here http://community.webshots.com/user/speedfreak81. I am getting slotted/cross drilled rotors from the wholesale direct GP soon. I want to paint or probably get my calipers powdercoated but Im not sure what would look best. I was thinking black to go with the car but id kinda like something with a little flash. Maybe red, but i dont know how that would look. I dont want to polish them because the car is a daily driver and ill never be able to keep them clean. What do you think?
brian
Old 06-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Look no further, https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/182718-finally-got-my-calipers-powercoat.html. Powercoat is the way to go, I just got mine back and was amazed, the pictures don't do the justice.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Red !!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 06:10 PM

i did myne ford blue and i have a black ss with chrome zr-1's i got caliper decals and i think they look bad ***, something different too ill get some pics as soon as i get my camera back... the calipers themselves are blue and the little metal bracket going around the outside of it i painted a medium gloss black and i think it looks real nice, with the chrome camaro ss decals its really sharp, and i have only seen it on one other car which is where i got the idea
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=314999
this is the website of the guys car where i got the idea, hes a member on here i believe, check it out its a real nice car and there is a pic up close of his calipers too
Old 06-15-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1_SS
i did myne ford blue and i have a black ss with chrome zr-1's i got caliper decals and i think they look bad ***, something different too ill get some pics as soon as i get my camera back... the calipers themselves are blue and the little metal bracket going around the outside of it i painted a medium gloss black and i think it looks real nice, with the chrome camaro ss decals its really sharp, and i have only seen it on one other car which is where i got the idea
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=314999
this is the website of the guys car where i got the idea, hes a member on here i believe, check it out its a real nice car and there is a pic up close of his calipers too
HOLY CRAP!!! that is without a doubt, the most beautiful Camaro SS i have EVER seen!!!! Not bad on the calipers too haha, if you dont mind me asking who powdercoated your calipers and how much did they run you???
brian
Old 06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
NKAWTG...N

black calipers with a polished bracket or vice versa, which ever you prefer is my vote.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:32 PM

i dont know if that guy is on this board ive talked to him on ls1.com so im sure he is on here but that is the absolute baddest SS i have ever seen

Quick Reply: What color to paint my calipers???