Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Small leather scuff (leather clear coat)?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 06:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Small leather scuff (leather clear coat)?

I have aftermarket leather from Katzkin, and there seems to be a small wear slot developing on the driver seat bottom cushion (the piece that bubbles up). Almost like a small line about 1 inch long, 1-2mm wide. The spot appears to be "dull" compared to the rest of the seat (relatively small but I'd like to see what can be done so it doesn't get worse).

If I use a cleaner which makes it wet, it pretty much disappears and looks just as good as the rest of the seat until it dries. Same with after using a conditioner (the entire seat has the same amount of shine, but after a while the spot looks as if I missed a spot). No color was on the rag when cleaning.

Is there a scuff touch up that I can use (was thinking "leather finish" or something along those lines)? Or is it something that should be "polished out"? Sorry I don't have a pic since I applied the conditioner and it's still looking good for now (if it comes back I'll attach a pic). Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using black leather shoe polish on my seats for years in scuffed areas. Don't know if it's the correct solution but it works flawlessly.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.....but I forgot to mention 2 things:

1. Leather is dark graphite/Gray, not black :-)
2. The color is not gone (in fact, when I apply cleaner/conditioner, the spot looks the exact same shade of color as the rest of the seat when moist......but it seems to be the first spot to dry and when it does it looks real dull)
Old 05-13-2016, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff 97 Formula
Thanks.....but I forgot to mention 2 things:

1. Leather is dark graphite/Gray, not black :-)
2. The color is not gone (in fact, when I apply cleaner/conditioner, the spot looks the exact same shade of color as the rest of the seat when moist......but it seems to be the first spot to dry and when it does it looks real dull)
Could always try a clear polish.

Quick Reply: Small leather scuff (leather clear coat)?