Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Issues reinstalling the center dome light after headliner replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Issues reinstalling the center dome light after headliner replacement.

This could also be a simple install error. The center dome light is help up by two screws but whenever I try to tighten it into place, it only goes up for so far then stops and results in this huge gap between the housing, the headliner and the hatch that you can see right into. Is there a special way this needs to be reinstalled?
Old 07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds like the new headliner doesn't hang as low as the old one (or isn't as thick) and the screws are now too long. Maybe try shorter screws. Or did you accidentally grab screws that should be somewhere else which are longer? There are some shorter and longer screws in the car that look similar except for length.

Can you post a pic?
Old 07-11-2016, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
Sounds like the new headliner doesn't hang as low as the old one (or isn't as thick) and the screws are now too long. Maybe try shorter screws. Or did you accidentally grab screws that should be somewhere else which are longer? There are some shorter and longer screws in the car that look similar except for length.

Can you post a pic?
I'll try to when I get back to my car. A new issue. The headliner sags at the front right in front of the rear view mirror and it's even Velcro taped there but it's not strong enough. Can I have a hole drilled in the top and put a plastic retainer there the hold it up?
Old 07-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

That's a good question about adding another mounting point, but I don't have an answer. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Quick Reply: Issues reinstalling the center dome light after headliner replacement.