Trans Am Fog Light Delete + LED Halo Ring - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am Fog Light Delete + LED Halo Ring

Old 05-25-2017, 02:13 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I'm actually going to take my rings, and glue them to the intercooler on my car.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:04 PM

Default Morimoto lights

How did you install/keep the Morimoto's in place and how well have the stayed for you?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Trent Nelson View Post
How did you install/keep the Morimoto's in place and how well have the stayed for you?
I tried hot glue, which worked right up until I washed the car. I ended up drilling three small holes in each fog light housing and used small clear zip ties to hold the rings in place. You can't even see the zip ties and they're not going anywhere!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

morimotos look much better. nice work
Old 08-14-2018, 06:05 PM
Launching!

I wonder how big the openings are in the bumper of an LS1 camaro fog light opening. Smaller for sure.. just wondering how much smaller. Anybody have any idea ?
Old 10-21-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by M4N14C View Post
Took out my fog lights when I got MWC lightweight bumper support and never bothered to put them back on. Liked the simplistic look but always felt like it needed something. Buddy of mine hooked me up with some BRIGHT angel eyes he used on his bimmer and after trying them, I really like the look. Pics don't do it justice, at night they're brighter than the original fog lights

Attachment 585892

Attachment 585893

Attachment 585894

Wired them to the fog light switch and also made it on its own circuit so the fog light switch works regardless if the headlights are turned on or off.

Still don't know how to mount them, right now I'm using scotch tape...
would you mind sharing how you wired your fog lights to come on regardless of headlights being on? Thanks in advance
Old 10-21-2018, 07:05 PM
Teching In

I think the whole car looks awesome.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by M4N14C View Post
I tried hot glue, which worked right up until I washed the car. I ended up drilling three small holes in each fog light housing and used small clear zip ties to hold the rings in place. You can't even see the zip ties and they're not going anywhere!
Watch out for the lower quality zip ties though. The heat and cold cycles will get to them and eventually they get brittle and fall off..
Old 10-26-2018, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Why would you not mount them inside the housing? Hot glue and drilling holes with zip ties? Put the halo ring inside for a oem look.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the fact that now you can have a straight-shot opening to the radiator via the original fog light holes! This would be most beneficial on my application with the hot running LT1. However, I was thinking about just using online specialty LED bulbs to replace my incandescent fog light bulbs. The site I can buy them from can install 30 bright output LEDs on a bulb unit and I imagine the light output would be close to yours with the Morimotos. Also, I would want an opening to my radiator so any air blowing by the fog lights would be used for the radiator.

I will admit, what you have looks cool as hell and is much better being totally rounded off. I would need time to think about it since I am so used to those fog lights on my LT1 Trans Am but again, you can't deny the advantage of having open holes for air to directly cool the radiator.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EnergyCC View Post
I wonder how big the openings are in the bumper of an LS1 camaro fog light opening. Smaller for sure.. just wondering how much smaller. Anybody have any idea ?
I just did a quick search of the size of the fourth gen Camaro LS1 fog lights and yeah, they are significantly small! I am not sure they even sell a halo fog light for the factory fog lights on your year Camaro, they only sell HID kits but there is a saving grace if you consider it. They do sell specialty LED bulbs that have the same exact sockets as regular incandescent bulbs. This is one option for you to consider.

Another option, try getting a set-up like the LT1 Camaro fog lights, and you might be able to find halo edge fog lights that are bigger in size and give a totally different look to your LS1 Camaro. These are just thoughts and I hope they help you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans Am Fog Light Delete + LED Halo Ring

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: