Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Color Matched (tan) Aftermarket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color Matched (tan) Aftermarket Seats

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I think recovering a set of aftermarket/racing seats to match the tan leather in my Camaro would be sweet. I haven't really been able to find pics of this. There are a ton of black interiors that get black seats, but I haven't seen tan yet. Also, I thought 6LE offered tan on their seats but I don't see that option anymore.

Has anybody out there done this? Pics would be appreciated!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about doing this once. I was looking at tan racing seats but had no way of knowing how they would match the factory tan color. Here was one I was looking at.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...9b-2/overview/
Old 05-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast350Z
I thought about doing this once. I was looking at tan racing seats but had no way of knowing how they would match the factory tan color. Here was one I was looking at.

I'm in the same boat. I think the safest route is to have an upholstery guy match the color. That's not gonna be cheap though.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also remember that the seats that you aren't replacing, guessing they are rear seats are weathered too depending on sunlight or elements it was exposed to so it may not be exactly a pristine tan color that a new seat will be in.

if you actually don't want / need racing seats , get whole set recovered from lethal interiors.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast350Z

I bought those seats back in 2011 in hopes of matching my stock leather. The color is not well represented in that link, they're more like Ferrari interior yellow leather rather than the tan of our cars. They stood out big time. And they didn't fit well with my fabricated bracket.

My solution was to get black seats with tan inserts. They're a different tan, but since they're separated by the black, it's not noticeable unless you look for it. I see it every time, most other people dont.

Quick Reply: Color Matched (tan) Aftermarket Seats