LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Appearance & Detailing (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing-18/)
-   -   Projector Headlights (BLS MIA) '01 TransAm (https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/1874890-projector-headlights-bls-mia-01-transam.html)

Hiro 07-11-2017 01:07 PM

Projector Headlights (BLS MIA) '01 TransAm

I've had negative experience with the HID kits that I've installed for my headlights (loose connectors, ballasts burning up, etc) so a few months ago I decided to go the route of projector housings. I did quite a bit of research and browsed the forums and saw that the best product available was practically unanimous. I've seen and heard nothing but good things when it comes to the kits made by Blackbirds Lighting Solutions. However, I have emailed him several times, sent him messages on his facebook page and even messaged him here on the forums for months to no avail. I see he's recently been active, but has yet to return any messages. I do not know if he's still in the business of producing these kits, and at the present moment I no longer have low beam capabilities. It's not all that much of an issue since I rarely drive my car at night, but if I am to spend money to regain low beams, I'd rather it be via projector housings than a temporary solution while waiting for BLS.

Has anyone else produced projector housings for the firebirds or is the only person with a monopoly on the market MIA? Alternatively, does anyone know of an additional contact method or may know him personally and can pass along a message? I'd really love to purchase a kit from him as his product looks amazing, but as stated earlier, I don't even know if he's still producing these and I don't want to wait for something that isn't going to happen.

Thanks in advance!

VIP1 07-11-2017 10:58 PM

If you can't get ahold of him, you can buy the brackets on ebay and the Hella projectors on Amazon and Rally Lights (among other places). You can get HID kits from a few different places, many are crap though.

The Dragon 07-13-2017 05:08 AM

Just do LED's.

My headlights are the brightest I've ever seen; and they're projecting through tinted lenses.

Morimoto started making plug 'n' play LED projectors that are a swap for our low beams.

$700 for the pair I believe. I got the 800 option which came with black housings.

bigbomber5 07-13-2017 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Dragon (Post 19673749)
Just do LED's.

My headlights are the brightest I've ever seen; and they're projecting through tinted lenses.

Morimoto started making plug 'n' play LED projectors that are a swap for our low beams.

$700 for the pair I believe. I got the 800 option which came with black housings.

This sounds interesting, but I was unable to find exactly what you are referring to on their website. If it's allowed can you post a link? Thanks a lot!

VIP1 07-14-2017 06:05 AM

Which LEDs? pics?

BLSolutions 07-14-2017 03:34 PM

First off I will apologize for the lack of response as that is simply unacceptable. Messages have been pushing into spam but this is now checked regularly to make sure nothing is slipping by. We occasionally miss a message but again, that is no excuse for a lack of response. I'm thinking a new email address will be needed so we can start receiving messages like normal.

With that said, we are still very well in business. Our thermoforming machine, which produces the lenses for the 98-02 Bird kits, had an issue. Rather than just fixing it we are going to upgrade the entire unit to net a better overall product. We won't be taking orders for the 98-02 Firebird kits until we have everything perfect and ready to roll. ALL OTHER KITS ARE STILL BEING SOLD, BUILT AND DELIVERED. The last thing we want to do is hold people's funds and not deliver the product as promised. That will cripple a small business quicker than missing emails :).

I understand if you wish to purchase elsewhere but if you can wait a bit longer, you will certainly get the most complete kit on the market.

Feel free to PM me on this forum since those notifications seem to still work perfectly fine.

Hiro 07-20-2017 08:06 AM

Great to hear you're still in business, will definitely wait for the updated/upgraded kits. Hope to hear it's all up and running again soon!

_JB_ 10-12-2017 09:04 PM

Any updates on the lights? I sent an email about three weeks ago and haven't heard anything. :(

ba96ta 10-15-2017 10:54 PM

I must be one of the lucky emails that have been getting through because I've gotten my questions answered in a timely manner. From their responses, it sounds like they are still working on getting setup. I'm sure as soon as the kits are being produced again we will be notified.

I'm also waiting to purchase a complete kit. I can hardly wait for the upgrade.

BLSolutions 10-24-2017 04:16 PM

Checking in. We have hit a few snags in getting the 98-02 Firebird kits going again. We have pulled the trigger on a new thermoforming machine and while we were told our existing lens mold would work....it doesn't. The new mold has been modeled and sent for manufacture. To be blunt, this is frustrating and expensive but we want to be 100% confident we can deliver the product if we take any orders. We have all seen how easily that can happen with other vendors and we will not be one of them.

While we are waiting for the mold to get done, we are looking into a projector update as well. There are some nice new products on the market we are testing that may be ready for prime time.

All other kits are being built/shipped regularly so your patience is appreciated.

_JB_ 10-24-2017 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by BLSolutions (Post 19753949)
Checking in. We have hit a few snags in getting the 98-02 Firebird kits going again. We have pulled the trigger on a new thermoforming machine and while we were told our existing lens mold would work....it doesn't. The new mold has been modeled and sent for manufacture. To be blunt, this is frustrating and expensive but we want to be 100% confident we can deliver the product if we take any orders. We have all seen how easily that can happen with other vendors and we will not be one of them.

While we are waiting for the mold to get done, we are looking into a projector update as well. There are some nice new products on the market we are testing that may be ready for prime time.

All other kits are being built/shipped regularly so your patience is appreciated.

Awesome, thank you for the update!

VIP1 10-24-2017 11:29 PM

Which projector will be the new replacement?

Number Tew 10-25-2017 01:00 AM

Excited about this. We were thinking about the LMC mod, but may do this instead!

_JB_ 09-13-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by BLSolutions (Post 19753949)

Winter is coming so I'm bumping this. Any updates? Or anyone other than BLS have a better product than the Hella 60mm projectors? I don't want to drive another 6 months with these.

ba96ta 03-01-2019 01:51 PM

Any word on 98-02 headlights?
Can't wait to get these ordered.

VIP1 03-02-2019 09:18 AM

BLS's website says there is a new kit using Morimoto D2S projectors, but it doesn't say which version and I don't see any pics.

_JB_ 03-06-2019 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by VIP1 (Post 20056846)
BLS's website says there is a new kit using Morimoto D2S projectors, but it doesn't say which version and I don't see any pics.

Unfortunately they've said that for a least two years, and I've inquired about purchasing them but never hear anything back. I think BLS is out of business?

carpetviper 04-17-2019 10:26 AM

Response I got from Brian @ BLS back in January 2019:
"Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately we are not able to produce these kits at this time. We got the thermforming machine issues sorted out however the supplier of the projector we use has discontinued the product. There are knock off versions available but I'm not pleased with their performance so we need to find another option.
I appreciate your interest and will understand if you look towards another solution. When we have a setup we can hang our hat on, we will take orders for these at that time. We will still be offering all of our other retrofits so to anticipate a follow up question, we aren't going out of business. "

Originally Posted by _JB_ (Post 20059207)
Unfortunately they've said that for a least two years, and I've inquired about purchasing them but never hear anything back. I think BLS is out of business?

Forsakenwolf 04-27-2019 09:46 AM

Well That is disappointing. I'm in the market for a headlight upgrade and this seems to be the only real option outside of LMC + LED. Ive been reading through so many dead end threads and other that the last reply was 2010 with no pics that Ive started to lose hope. I'd hate to think that my only options now are OEM replacement and questionable ebay products like this,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-4X6-LED-...MAAOSwd~RZRip3

VIP1 04-27-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Forsakenwolf (Post 20086933)
I'd hate to think that my only options now are OEM replacement and questionable ebay products like this,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-4X6-LED-...MAAOSwd~RZRip3

That LED Headlight will have a bad beam pattern. I'd avoid those.