Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'93-97 Hella ECE H4 Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:09 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '93-97 Hella ECE H4 Headlamps

I couldn't help but notice any threads were about 10 years old and all the pics are broken, so since it's something I've done I figured it was worth sharing for those that might still be suffering with sealed beam lights. Consists of the Hella ECE H4 lamps of course, also running a 12 AWG relay harness and 100/80W CandlePower bulbs. All in all it was like $80 shipped for the lamps, $20 for the bulbs, and then another $20 for the wiring and relays; so all in around $120. Pictures are low beam then high beam:

Huge improvement over the original sealed beams is an understatement. Sure you could get even more light with 130/100W bulbs, but I don't want to be changing bulbs all the time. The 100/80W give a good compromise in light output and bulb life, plus properly aimed the low beam doesn't bother oncoming drivers. I looked into doing a HID setup, but it'd have easily cost 4x as much to do it properly with an O.E. quality D2S setup and it'd have been some hassle making the housings. The hardest part of this was making the relay harness, and even that wasn't so bad but so worth it to get full power to those 100/80W bulbs. Highly recommend to those that daily drive their early fourth gen, or those that just want excellent night time driving for when they do drive their car.

Quick Reply: '93-97 Hella ECE H4 Headlamps