Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Corbeau FX1 Seats Installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Corbeau FX1 Seats Installed

Installed some new seats and wanted to post my experience since seats seem to be a gray area as far as what works. These are the regular FX1 seats, not the Pros and also not the wide width. They are just the base cloth finish. I used the Corbeau brackets (labeled 82 and up Pontiac). The passenger seat I direct mounted to the bracket for now, the driver seat is on their double locking slider. The brackets fit the stock mounting points perfectly, no need to enlarge any holes.

Everything went together OK except the placement of the seats. Where the holes were drilled on the brackets pushed both seats into the center console. The driver side was so far inboard that I could not adjust the seat back and forth due to it being against the center console. I ended up drilling new holes in the bracket 3/4" over which worked great. I need to drill new holes for the passenger seat over the winter, but it does fit as is.

The seats do seem to sit a bit higher than the stock seats (my stock seats were leather non power assist with electric lumbar) which is what I wanted as I'm a small dude. I also added a few washers between the bracket and sliders for a tiny bit more height. Even so, there is still a few inches from the top of the seat to the headliner. If you are a tall person, directly mounting the seat to the bracket with no slider might be the way to go.

Weight of the seats came in at 18ish pounds each. With the double locking slider, the seat came to 24lbs. I didn't check the weight on the brackets. My stock seats weighed 40lbs on the dot, they are surprisingly heavy.

With all that said, I'm extremely happy with them. They do a much better job of holding you in. Getting in is a little bit more difficult due to the high sides of the seat. I need to look at a better solution for seat belts. A guide is needed for the neck area and also the lap belt clicker near the console is hard to click into place. I will most likely look for a non rigid lap belt clicker.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice. I'm debating whether to go aftermarket or recover my TA seats. Or attempt the 5th gen seat swap if i come across a seat at a helluva deal
Old 09-28-2018, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

looks good! I've had forzas in my car for 4 years and really like them. the seat belt on the neck thing is annoying, thinking about getting one of those seat belt pads that slides on. planning on getting a cage and harnesses at some point but want to keep the stock seat belts for street use too

something like this
https://corbeau.com/other/accessories/harness-pads.html
Old 09-29-2018, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts

Love mine!

Old 09-29-2018, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
Love mine!

Are those the LG1's? How do they fit in the car? I like the FX1s, but if I came across a good deal on a reclining seat, I'll probably jump on them.

I got some driving time in on mine today and I ended up taking the washers between the bracket and sliders out, the seat was way too high. Even now, its still pretty high up. I have to relearn the clutch and gas engagement points, your feet are at a completely different angle now, I felt like it was my first time driving the car haha. I will say the seats are really comfortable, I was expecting rock hard and they have padding in all the right places.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks for posting, hard to find good info on here about seats that actually fit.