Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Front seat and baby seat options

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Front seat and baby seat options

2 part question:

1. Mice loved my grundle juice *** sweat so much they are my seat while it was covered, now I need front seats in my LT1. I want better side support, still comfy for long trips, no need to fold for rear access, and lighter weight than stock. Are there any factory seats from a Miata, civic SI, or something else that can be had for cheap that you would suggest looking for? Aftermarket are hard to find used, so if there’s some factory seat people know of I’d like to try that and weld in the brackets necessary. Or are there any cheaper ($400 total for both) that people like?

2. I am debating an LS1 as a DD and the drawback I need to solve is car seats. I have a 3 year old that I drop off at preschool so need to fit her forward facing, and safe, does anyone have experience with putting a forward facing car seat in an F body? I also have a 5 month old that sometimes I need to drive both kids around, with nobody in the front seat, has anyone been able to fit a rear facing seat in an F body behind the passenger and a forward facing behind the driver (6’ tall driver)?
Old 02-14-2018, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for fun one time I put the car seat in the TA. I would never want to do that as a daily. I’m only 5’7 and I was up against the wheel. Get another car.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I Love my car, granted I’ve got other daily drivers, but I would never trust putting my kids in an fbody. No matter what kind of car seat. Not only is the room just non existent, these cars are just not safe imo. I’d definitely look into getting something else to daily with the kiddo.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got twins that will be 2 years old this year so they will be in front facing seats. Once I pull the car out of storage I was going to play with fitting them in to see if I can make it work comfortably

I have seen photos of people who were able to fit rear facing seats on the passenger side with the seat all the way forward
Old 02-20-2018, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad324
I've got twins that will be 2 years old this year so they will be in front facing seats. Once I pull the car out of storage I was going to play with fitting them in to see if I can make it work comfortably

I have seen photos of people who were able to fit rear facing seats on the passenger side with the seat all the way forward
I've made it work plenty of times that way.

Quick Reply: Front seat and baby seat options