Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

sport metallic gold paint, Hard to match ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport metallic gold paint, Hard to match ?

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of buying a Trans Am. I found a couple 1998's that i really like. However I have a delima. One that I found is red, and has the Ram air package. the second is a sport gold metallic, that does not have the ram air. Basically the ram air package is what attracts me to this vehicle. I know that the gold is fairly rare. I beleive appx. 230 were made in 1998. So if i do decide to go with the sport metallic gold, how hard would it be to match the color, if I was to purchase an aftermarket ram air hood ? Should I just buy the Red one that seems to be fairly common, and already has the actual ram air package? or should I buy the Gold one, and buy a hood to match ? any imput is much appreciated. (sorry about the long first post :0)
Old 07-05-2004, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

When I got the SS Hood for my Sunset Orange Mettalic Z28 the hood was painted and did not match the rest of the car. So they had to blend the hood, side fender's and front bumper.Get the Gold if they have a problem matching the paint they can alway's blend the hood to everything else arond it and make it look perfect.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:34 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd get the GOLD one. It will definitely stand out in the sea of red Trans Ams. My girlfriend even has a red WS6 t/a

red isn't easy to match either, and a good shop should be able to match the gold or blend it in properly.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran