Buyer beware 6le designs - Page 9 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Buyer beware 6le designs

Old 09-27-2018, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

In hindsight, the writing was on the wall for a while. But like you mentioned some people were like "been ordering from him for the last few years and always received my stuff" made it seem like he would eventually deliver so not to worry. It was crazy how fast the MAGG emails started rolling in though. like they didn't miss a beat. Was all like 6LE sales and discounts get your stuff and them boom! MAGG was there saying we sale all the same stuff at like 50% markup so shop here. I think Mark started out with a passion for the f-body scene and then its as if it was all about the money and that's when **** went down hill....for everyone involved.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kfxguy View Post
I read this entire thread. As i'm reading I'm thinking this guy is a con artist. He will ship some peoples stuff just to keep the word going that hes doing something but probably the hard orders to fill he's just gonna keep their money. Then i'm thinking he's going to file bankruptcy and reopen under another name. And he did. These type of people are so predictable.
Let me explain something most wont realize or just maybe don't know? My take is: he didn't have inventory. That was his BIGGEST issue. He drop shipped some stuff (wheels as an example), other stuff was basically a service like the gauge clusters, and his unique items like carbon fiber roofs he would not even place the order until he had 10 paid for. Why? Because the company making them wouldn't make a run of less then 10. So he wasn't making them, didn't have them in stock, and had to meet an order minimum before he could get them all the while collecting people's money. Add those factors plus poor money management and BAM, this **** is how it goes down. Plus he looks like a toolbag. My .02.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Has anyone risked placing an order with MAGG just to see if the parts will arrive?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker View Post
Has anyone risked placing an order with MAGG just to see if the parts will arrive?

i wouldnt unless you have plenty of money and if you lost some it wouldnít bother you. I wouldnít buy anything that had anything to do with the tool in question.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4 View Post
he didn't have inventory.
this x100. I would bet cash that if he had the upfront capital to buy and stock the products he was trying to sell he would still be in business. nobody wants to pay for parts that don't exist yet, that's why a lot of the stuff didn't get off the ground that he wanted to produce. I remember seeing all the threads on here of him asking if people wanted him to make xx part and he would get a lot of people saying yes, but nobody would step up when I came time. terrible business model if you ask me
Old 09-28-2018, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The optimal setup would be to have in stock inventory but in order to do that there needs to be a steady stream of orders to justify it. Otherwise, who wants to have all that $$ tied up in inventory?
Old 09-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I agree. Why would he make something no-one wants and can't sell it? I wish he made the damn door panels, could make a fortune on those probably.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The cost for any composition is in the molds,, a full body kit for hand lay is north of $50,000 if you have the molds, you can get a lot done for very little money.. I don't think he "got" that concept. I think he was letting the builder own the mold which means they charge you by the piece to get it back. your probably 100 parts to just recover cost from the mold and buck.

No excuses.. Lack of homework kills the majority of startups.

He probably could have found a surf shop that would have done a lot of these over a winter for very little money.. (Comparatively.. )
Old 10-02-2018, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel terrible for everyone that got burned.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:58 PM
9 Second Club

6LE Designs on Facebook just changed their name to MAGG performance ��
Old 11-01-2018, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Old 11-02-2018, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

In one hand I want to be excited that a company like MAGG took over the parts to keep producing them. On the other I am having a hard time trusting this MAGG company with the info earlier in this thread indicating he has been in partner with Mark and 6LE over the years. When I saw the name change on Facebook I wanted to be blow that page up with all the stories about people getting burned but maybe MAGG will be different. So until I decide to gamble with my money and throw some at MAGG and possibly get screwed over I will keep the comments (at least about MAGG) to myself. May have to wait and see if a new thread pops up with people using MAGG and their experience.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

I saw the name change on FB and am too skeptical about buying from them. I now get emails from magg about promotional stuff just like I used to get from 6le so I assume they handed over their email list as well. patiently waiting for experiences people are having buying from them.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would use pay-pal. if item doesn't arrive - file a claim and get $$ back. dont accept BS emails crying for more time. this is assuming the take pay pal.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Make sure they have the item in stock then go to their shop and buy it in person. I wouldn't do it any other way after their history.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

So, I needed a new sail panel for my 99 Z28 after my kid sat on the one I pulled off a donor 95 Z. With all the crap with 6LE I knew I wasnt going to order there, but did have a bunch of emails from Jeff at MAGG taking over their product line.

I rolled the dice and decided to give them a shot, after all, where else can one buy a carbon fiber sail panel for a 4th gen? It took a while to get the sail panel, but only about a week or two longer then Jeff indicated it would. Throughout the process Jeff was super informative, giving updates, always responding to emails, and even CC'd me on emails to RK sport about shipping times.

Jeff even gave me a partial refund after a new promo code came out a couple of weeks after I placed my order.

All in all, it was a great experience with MAGG. I would highly recommend them from what I experienced so far. The car is off to paint now so hopefully RK Sport did their part and it fits perfect.

As for pricing, MAGG is a bit more expensive, but keep in mind that shipping is free. For something like a sail panel, this a massive cost.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Hope you post some.pics! I've been debating doing a carbon sail panel. I have the version 1 diffuser taht fits poorly and if I'm being honest I'd consider going carbon on both.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Yea. I definitely will. Itís been at the shop for 2 weeks. I donít have a ton of pics of the car in recent years as the paint got so bad. Once itís finished Iím going to get some really good ones done with a good camera.

Hace a few other things in the works too. Tubular k member, cts V brakes, coil overs, and some interior work. Gonna be a long winter...
Old 11-06-2018, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

been there man, itll be worth it once its finished!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, this thread was quite a read.

I'm into traditional shaving (brush, straight razor, etc) and there was a vendor owner on our forum who got caught lying about being a veteran and a bunch of other stuff. Sales tanked. He closed his company and reopened it under a different name and logo, with most being none the wiser. Always burned me that he got away with it.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: