Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Buyer beware 6le designs

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my roof panel after installation. I originally ordered it first week of October 2017, arrived at my body man's shop second week of December 2017. I waited for winter to be over before I had it installed. The install came out pretty decent,
not perfect by any means, but I'm not sure if it was the panel or the installer, as it was the first time he did one. My installer told me he did the best could with it as the panel was off a bit. The way I see it it's a big improvement over bubbling,
peeling mess that was on the car....
Old 06-14-2018, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks Good!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by SesiomSummers
Are you guys for real!??? 6LE is the only shop doing and creating stuff for Fbodies and you just decide to trash on mark with pure faked bs after 6LE Design is having his worst year ever...? I had the opportunity to work with mark and he is a respectable guy... so it is really annoying so see some people just talking S***t specially after seeing people with only 1 Post on here...
You musta been the one i heard sucking mark off under his desk at work and yall got caught. Shame on you.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i ordered t-top shades via 6LE and they shipped within 5 days. Just ordered them this last week. Just waiting of FedEx now.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered a Fiberglass sail panel on 5/27/18 using the Memorial Day discount code. I received my tracking info on 6/6/18 and received the sail panel today in the mail. Very happy!
Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
I ordered a Fiberglass sail panel on 5/27/18 using the Memorial Day discount code. I received my tracking info on 6/6/18 and received the sail panel today in the mail. Very happy!
That's nice, I've been waiting since 12/10/17

He farms every part out, carbon fiber products to company A, fiberglass stuff to company B

The fiberglass items ship quick
Old 06-20-2018, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Got this email from 6le this morning:

In an effort to meet the needs of our customers and focus on New Development and Manufacturing, we have moved all of our ABS Plastic Parts to our distributor MAGG Performance. This includes Splitters (front, side, and rear), Tweeter pods, Wicker Bills, Seat brackets, and all dash plates. This is in addition to items we have already moved to them such as CME Valances, headlights, Exhaust Tips, and Seats. They will be handling the sales and distribution of these products from now on.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haha 5 days to ship an order. Rediculous.

hes just a middle man at this point for another distributor from China

He's trying to push his 6th gen products now. Lots of cash to be made on new camaros
Old 06-23-2018, 08:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Haha 5 days to ship an order. Rediculous.

hes just a middle man at this point for another distributor from China

He's trying to push his 6th gen products now. Lots of cash to be made on new camaros
I can't help but think a large part of that is those owners are willing to spend money when they say they are. 4th gen owners always say they want a new product but then never pony up the money to see it happen. Or, the 6th gen crowd is more interested in not stock reproduction appearance mods. Around here people bash most things that aren't a reproduction of a stock part so why would 6le want to continue to make new stuff for our cars?
Old 06-23-2018, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been wanting a cabin sail panel for a year now but......... I would have to have it w/o any bullshit.....
Old 06-23-2018, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
I can't help but think a large part of that is those owners are willing to spend money when they say they are. 4th gen owners always say they want a new product but then never pony up the money to see it happen. Or, the 6th gen crowd is more interested in not stock reproduction appearance mods. Around here people bash most things that aren't a reproduction of a stock part so why would 6le want to continue to make new stuff for our cars?
Agreed! The amount of this community even in it's hay day that would throw down on a product in his format of pre order then produce was few and far between. Like those wide body Kit's everyone wanted........
Old 06-27-2018, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I received the grill today

Approx 6 months
Old 07-07-2018, 06:13 AM
Teching In

I spent a lot of money on 4th gen appearance pieces on black Friday of last year and it was nothing but excuse after excuse. Every time I emailed him he would tell me that they would be shipping tomorrow or later this week or that they had already shipped but they never did. When I got my front splitter there was zero hardware or spacers. more emailing and a month later I get the hardware and spacers. the ABS discs they come with are a joke I installed the front splitter with those washers and it looked awful I ended up taking it off till I can make my own metal spacers like what it originally came with and what the website said it would come with. by the 6 month point I finally received everything quality was kinda disappointing especially considering the price and wait time. The carbon fiber rear defuser came bubbled and pretty scratched up. it was also not as pictured, on the website it shows full carbon fiber finish that is not the case it has a lot of gloss black finish if i knew that was the case I would've bought the fiberglass one and just painted it.
Old 07-07-2018, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe someone will start making some of these hard to find parts. Hopefully !!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2018, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ToeRacing
Maybe someone will start making some of these hard to find parts. Hopefully !!!!!!!
look up 4th gen customs on facebook. They make a lot of great stuff.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I cant get a response from anyone at 6LE by email, phone calls or posting on their webpage. I am waiting on a part to complete an order I placed and it has been months. Ive emailed everyone within the company, and left multiple messages, posted on instagram and now the mail box is full from other people having the same issue I assume. Frustrating to say the least especially being that i have bought multiple things from them in the past. Beware!
Old 07-19-2018, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got email from Kyle saying they refunded me. This was over a week ago. Still nothing. Flakey
Old 07-20-2018, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I have never ordered from them, now I never will. What I do not get, is for those of you who pay with pay-pal, why not file a dispute and get your money back? Same thing with a credit card. file the dispute.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I am in the same boat as many in here. I ordered one of the SLP bowtie grille's back in Oct 2017. A few days later he came out with a 30% off sale so I figured the rarity of the SLP style grille I would go ahead and order another at 30% off. So that's 2 grilles that I ordered in Oct 2017. I finally received one of the grilles in March of 2018. I know that it takes a while to get some things going with the initial purchase of a new product and all that but 6 month for that part seemed a little lengthy, but whatever I received it. Another few months passed by and June I sent mark an email asking about the second grille that still hadn't shown up. He asked about what I ordered and my address and said sorry about the mix-up and he would mail it out asap, I asked him if he felt really generous and to help out with the wait time I have had to deal with if he could upgrade the remaining grill to carbon fiber vs the fiberglass. He said no problem but that would be a wait of 15 days to ship vs the new 5 day promise. This was shortly after he sent out the mass email stating that he had to shut down all production and now things will ship in the whole 5 days thing. I said that is totally good with me and I will wait the extra days to get an upgrade. That was on June 7th and I have sent 2 emails since then and haven't heard/or received anything as of yet. I never got pissed in an email or angry drunk called him or anything, I have been patiently waiting over 9 months for the second grille. At this point I can't be too upset as he agreed to upgrade the second grille, but the lack of any type of updates is extremely frustrating to say the least. Honestly at this point I dont even know if I could file a paypal dispute.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

So you buy parts from a guy like this and wonder why you're having issues. LMAO. Suckers.

The following users liked this post:
Tranz Zam (02-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Buyer beware 6le designs