Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Polished Radiator Shroud for FIPK

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Polished Radiator Shroud for FIPK

Anyone know where I can buy one? I"m about to buy a used kit, but want to replace the painted shroud. I'll also need the two ends of the cone either chrome dipped or polished...do you know if those are for sale, or do I need to send mine out?

oh jantzer......I got something for you.....
Old 07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

COOL, someone just PM"d me saying that the LT1 shroud will fit perfectly, and I have found that on MBA's site...
Old 07-07-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Can someone give confirmation on that, about the LT1 shroud fitting? I'm interested in doing that also.

Thanks
Bryan
Old 07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I checked BMR's website and they advertise it for LS1's with chargers....for what it's worth.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The OEM LT1 radiator bracket fits our cars, so aftermarket ones will too. The only reason why LS1 has a different radiator mount is for the OEM air intake, if you go with the FIPK, any aftermarket shroud should work.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
COOL, someone just PM"d me saying that the LT1 shroud will fit perfectly, and I have found that on MBA's site...
Be sure you check that out for sure as the K&N one is not flat in the center like the one MBA sells for LT1's. I know because I made my own from Stainless Steel and polished it with the same recessed center area the K&N one has to clear the rubber tubing that connects the MAF to the Filter. You can just make out the recessed well in the pics.

You may or may not need this feature so I just though that I would give you a heads up before you place your order.

Greg

Old 07-07-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default well well

look who found my thread, awesome! Can you guess why I'm asking about this piece? LOL, I'll be running neck and neck with you come next Camarofest! I had the red SS with 18" Cragars by the way...

so you really don't think I can buy the one from MBA or BMR huh? man, that sucks!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the heads up by the way....

I'm assuming you chromed the ends of cone filter? Scott

You should come over to our forum and be the "blingmaster moderator"

J-townMuscle
Old 07-07-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can't do anything about the cone ends on the Filter....They are made out of carbon fiber. Check out my site for detail on the CF finish. I love the way it looks. http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ddelallata I don't know if the BMR piece will work with the FIPK. The radiator cover in the FIPK has a tab on the front to hold the filter in place.

Last edited by ddelallata; 07-07-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, i dont' get that, Greg did something cuz his are certainly blinging like a ****! someone PM'd me saying they used the BMR with no problems, I'll have to double check that PM though.

I'll go check out your site, thanks. Scott
Old 07-07-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I guess I'm going to have to work harder on the bling, before I get replaced
Old 07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car man...I cannot read anything on the left side though, the red and gray area...
Old 07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, what you doing here?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

In Greg's pics the only thing shiny around the filter is the SS clamp that tightens the Carbon Fiber cone to the silicone hose. Maybe we should convince Greg to fab up a few of those for us.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default .

boy, he's got me fooled then.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Scott
Didnt you ask me last weekend about the shroud, mines a BMR part. Some cutting and it fits.
Good luck
Andy
Old 07-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Default Scotts car is a blingin bitch already....

Hmm... another way for my car to lose weight.... eeentresting... I like it... and by the way Scott... your car sucks...

James
Old 07-09-2004, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default .

now you wouldn't say that James, if you had seen doc's or Greg's...
Old 07-09-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hello Scott, I saw you car Sat night in the hotel parking lot but never got a chance to see it at the show I'm sorry to say.

I'm not saying the MBA or BMR (never seen that one) wouldn't work as they might I just wanted to give you a heads-up before you spend you cash on one just to possibly have the filter rub on it. And like mentioned above, the FIPK one has a little tab out front to support the filter which the others do not. You could easily fab one up but it might look scabbed on if it is not done with some care.

My K&N filter is still the stock Carbon Fiber and not chromed. (see pic below) I actually like the Carbon Fiber personally and would not want to change it. IMO it would look a little gaudy if it were chrome against a polished FIPK radiator shield as the color/look of chrome and polished aluminum or stainless just does not quite match.

(I know I will catch hell for saying this,.........but.........) I have seen a lot of cars where guys like to dip all the headlight brackets, fender supports, hood hinges, etc in chrome and I think it often looks a little over done. Much like when people use a bunch of red or purple wire loom and think it looks good. You need to allow the "primary parts" to stand out by having some subtle contrast on the "complimenting" surrounding parts so the entire package works together rather than everything competing for your attention. That'd why I chose to paint some of my brackets Pewter to brighten up the black engine compartment w/o overpowering the look. (I might even paint them black again in the future) Basically it's a LONG way of saying that I feel the Carbon Fiber look contrasts the polished radiator plate nicely. But as the say opinions vary........... right?

Greg

Old 07-11-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default .

man, good info Greg, I never even considered the front tab on front, and what to do to support the FIPK....and man, I was going to attach a pic of my engine bay as it stands so far, but I just realized I don't even have a recent one....oh well, soon though. Thanks! and of course, awesome car man.

Quick Reply: Polished Radiator Shroud for FIPK