Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

interesting LED/DRL issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 05:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default interesting LED/DRL issue

i put switchbacks in my 2002 Camaro and they worked fine for about a week. I put in SuperBrightLED's in both front, back, side markers and an SS spoiler(had that a while). The switchbacks seemed to work great for about a week and then i developed odd bulb outages. When i first turned the car on and the DRL's came on they worked as they should until i turned on the headlights. Then the turn signals stopped working and wouldn't work again unless i let the car sit a while. The flashers i have in are the EF32RL's and i have a pair of the FF552NLF that i tried and i could never get them to work. They wouldn't flash the fronts or rears in my car. My rears never had a flashing issue throughout the troubleshooting process. The only way i could get them to flash was the EF32RL flashers and only when the extra ground was grounded. I have all new sockets up front as well. With standard bulbs the DRL's/turns work as they should. It appears my DRL controller doesn't like the switchbacks. I pulled the DRL module and did the wire splice bypsass with male and female quick connects and it all works fine now except the DRL's are disabled but the switchbacks work and function when i have the lights on or off and hit the signals. I'm not sure why the DRL module is so pissy about the switchbacks
Old 08-06-2020, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go...

www.Lasfit.com

Just put in your car info and then select from the light areas you want to see, for example, switchbacks for the front blinkers. These have integrated built in resistors so no need for flashers or external resistors. I found Lasfit looking for LEDs for my 19 Traverse where I didn't want to include external resistors for each of my light replacements. DD had LEDs but needed resistors and expensive. Lasfit had every LED replacement at half the price and produced a whiter light at 6K so what the heck, half the price, why not try them... Well it's been over a year and no electrical gremlins like hyper flash, cruise control not working, only one light is on, third light flashing, etc... I replaced my fog lights and wow... brighter than my OEM LED headlights and then swapped out reverse lights, then front blinkers and a rear light in the cargo area.

I found a cheaper price through Walmart.com, look under brand and they have a discounted price w/free shipping. Example, a pair of 6K LEDs fog lights, $53.00, pair of reverse LEDs, $24.00 that look like headlights... If you want to see them, go to the Traverse forum and look under fog lights where members show off their lights.

I then swapped out my bright headlights with their LEDs on my 09 Colorado, I just bought 6K DD fog lights early this year and then swapped them out for Lasfit fogs and wow...half the price. I also swapped out my dome light and wow... I will give DD props for their HIDs. I have their 5K HIDs and they are awesome. They project far beyond the LEDs but the LEDs have a wider dispersion pattern. So for camping and hunting in the bush, the HIDs work better. May not be as bright as the 6K LEDs but in the bush I would rather see farther in front me as opposed to a side dispersion, which my Lasfit LED fog lights took care of that and then some...

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
ramairjohn2000 (08-08-2020)
Old 08-08-2020, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Good to know thanks!

Quick Reply: interesting LED/DRL issue