Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

fuel rail covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel rail covers

hey guys. ive been searching everywhere for a set of "custom cut" (for 4th gen fbodies) corvette style fuel rail covers. ive read several post about afterthoughtsauto, but after several unanswered emails over a years time, ive pretty much given up on them. they wont even respond to my attempts to contact them & their site has said "theyre takin a break & will start makin em again in the spring" ...but its said that for 3 years now... if anybody knows of another company that sells "custom cut to fit" fuel rail covers, or an individual that would modify a set of stock ones to fit my 98 f-body, please let me know. thanx!
(btw my car is a 1998 formula firebird & still has all the stock equipment, if the year model or emissions equipment makes any difference in which covers will fit?)
Old 08-29-2018, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...also, it seems like i read on here somewhere that the 98 ls1 in the camaros & firebirds are different because of the perimeter bolt vavle covers & the coils mount a bit different... so this may be a stupid question, but would any of the ls1 vette fuel rail covers fit a stock 98 firebird, as long as the areas that needed to be cut were properly modified? ...& please pardon the lack of knowledge, but ive never messed with these before & im not even sure just how they mount/attach? thanx!
Old 08-30-2018, 01:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

depends on what you are after but in the past there have been a few listings on ebay for custom covers like drop down menus for different color and the likes.

yes the 97-98 ls1's have perimeter valve cover bolts , but they arent used to fasten the fuel rail covers. I cant remember if they snapped onto the coil pack rail and fuel rail or something else. The GTO ones just snap in place so im thinking the corvette ones work similarly.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got one set, pre-cut, & I'll send you my installation guide.
You can not buy these from GM anymore, not available anywhere. But I do occasionally find a 'used set'.
This set I have, was actually new-old-stock.
Not cheap, can't afford to give them away. If seriously interested, send me a PM.
I was saving them for the next custom painted set-up, ..., which I keep saying I'm trying to get out of, ..., but I think I'll sell'em & be done.
Search my username, & you'll find my username in a ton of old threads.