Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Replacement/Upgrades for 93-97 Camaro Fog Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Replacement/Upgrades for 93-97 Camaro Fog Lights?

Just purchased a '97 30th Anniversary Camaro today. It's a bit of a fixer-upper and one of the things that it needs is fog lights. Neither work, one is filled with water from the rain, and the other has a broken lens. I'm not really interested in paying $250 per side, so I'm wondering everyone is doing for a replacement.
Suggestions and photos would be appreciated, along with difficulty of installation.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Just purchased a '97 30th Anniversary Camaro today. It's a bit of a fixer-upper and one of the things that it needs is fog lights. Neither work, one is filled with water from the rain, and the other has a broken lens. I'm not really interested in paying $250 per side, so I'm wondering everyone is doing for a replacement.
Suggestions and photos would be appreciated, along with difficulty of installation.
Hey, I don't own a Camaro but I did a quick look-up for you on some options you can go with.
  1. The 1LE Camaro Fog Light delete grills which may be available on ebay from anyone selling them or anyone who has unused stock.
  2. Go through ebay and find used stock fog light housings.
  3. Go aftermarket and replace your fog lights, although, on my first car, a 1997 Firebird 6-cylinder automatic, the aftermarkets just sucked and I ended up having to rig them to work on the factory brackets.
  4. Perhaps you could find a cheap LS1 Camaro fog light assembly and convert your LT1 Camaro to use them? It might be a nice cosmetic upgrade. I couldn't tell you the difficulty with the installation, sorry.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Phoenix'97
Hey, I don't own a Camaro but I did a quick look-up for you on some options you can go with.
  1. The 1LE Camaro Fog Light delete grills which may be available on ebay from anyone selling them or anyone who has unused stock.
  2. Go through ebay and find used stock fog light housings.
  3. Go aftermarket and replace your fog lights, although, on my first car, a 1997 Firebird 6-cylinder automatic, the aftermarkets just sucked and I ended up having to rig them to work on the factory brackets.
  4. Perhaps you could find a cheap LS1 Camaro fog light assembly and convert your LT1 Camaro to use them? It might be a nice cosmetic upgrade. I couldn't tell you the difficulty with the installation, sorry.
Thanks for the suggestions. Wound up getting a set of LT1 fog lamps for $50 from a part-out. Just need to swap them in!

Old 11-10-2018, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
Thanks for the suggestions. Wound up getting a set of LT1 fog lamps for $50 from a part-out. Just need to swap them in!
I am glad you found a replacement pair! The fog lamps are always a nice sight to see on our cars. Are you going to upgrade them to LED bulbs?! In the future I am swapping my incandescent bulbs over to LED, but my Sylvannia Silverstars are going strong for many years now so they were well made! I also plan to get a hold of Black Bird Lighting Solutions projector head lamp lenses and use those for the LED bulbs I wish to use. I may find someone selling or converting my fog lamps over to projector lenses which would give my Trans Am a new look at night time. Anyways, I have seen the halo lights they offer for the F-body camaros and those are sweet as sin!

It is certainly a fun game trying to customize the look of our cars and another solid reason why I don't think I will ever buy anything new to replace my car.