Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Finally Found A Great Condition 2002 SS Spoiler (Need Help for my 97 Z)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally Found A Great Condition 2002 SS Spoiler (Need Help for my 97 Z)

As the title states, just purchased a great used condition SS spoiler. I have a 1997 Z28 OBDII, do I have to splice a resistor or relay in OR is it really just plug and play since I'm the newer body style? I've read all over and everyone is saying IF you are 97+ it is just plug and play.

Thoughts? Wiring Help?

Thanks!

Devin
Old 12-07-2018, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking abou the third brake light in it.. or.. ? If that's the case, all it needs is 12 volts. Hook it up where you old brake light used to hook up.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EnergyCC
Are you talking abou the third brake light in it.. or.. ? If that's the case, all it needs is 12 volts. Hook it up where you old brake light used to hook up.
Sorry on the newer body style, I meant that it appears a lot of people from 97 - didn't have many issues with the third brake light (LED) because the system is similar. Where the 93-96 system is not the same as the 97+? I've heard that the LED do not draw much of a current compared to standard light bulbs, so it has been setting of people's ABS INOP and NO ASR lights. Any further help?
Old 12-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that's usually the case when you change all the light bulbs that are part of the brake light system to LEDs. It causes the cruise control not to engage anymore. But I'd say, if you're only changing the third brake light, you should be fine. Worse come to worst, you can add a load resistor in parallel with the brake light bulbs to simulate the load from a regular bulb. But I don't think you'll have a problem.... as long as your tailight bulbs remain regular bulbs.