Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

SOM SS got ceramic coated. Added SLP ZR1 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default SOM SS got ceramic coated. Added SLP ZR1 wheels

Hey everyone. Just wanted to show off my car a little bit. Got my car ceramic coated/ paint corrected. Long story but they had the car for about 2 weeks. I wasn't happy the first time I seen the car so they kept it until the majority of the light scratches were gone. If anyone wants to know what the shop used I will have to get back to you on it. It cost me 525 bucks. Considering they had it for two weeks I think they did a good job. I will not recommend this shop tho to anyone who lives in clarksville TN tho. They curbed one of my 10 spokes and refuse to do anything about it. Live and you learn. Take photos of your vehicle prior to dropping it off.

Thanks for stopping by.
Ray

Old 01-02-2019, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Are those real SLP wheels? Where did you find them and how do the center caps look?

Great looking car by the way. You might have to lower it a tad with those wheels it looks like.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 383z
Are those real SLP wheels? Where did you find them and how do the center caps look?

Great looking car by the way. You might have to lower it a tad with those wheels it looks like.
Yes Sir, They are real SLP wheels. Wheels are in perfect shape with no pitting or curb rash. I drove 8 hrs in MO to get these. What do you mean about how do the center caps look? They just have the Black "SS" lettering in the center, but the SS is hollow not solid black if that makes sense.

I have thought about lowering the car but I didn't want to do much of anything to it. Trying to keep it 100% factory per say.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Most of the time the caps look scratched and ugly.
You lucked out on those bad boys.
Congrats.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of the time the caps look scratched and ugly.
You lucked out on those bad boys.
Congrats.
Yeah, This center caps are perfect every rim is perfect. I really lucked out.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

Just an FYI....It's not always easy to tell if they are "original" SLP wheels, as the older reproductions are hard to spot. Most newer reproductions are 17x9.5", 56mm offset and have a slightly more "squared off" spoke design. But, many years ago you could get correct factory size 17x9", 50mm offset with identical factory spokes that were a perfect match to the ones offered by SLP. The only thing that made the chrome SLP version distinctive was the plating inside the lug holes (more abrupt cutoff than the reproduction versions).

Looks like the front is sitting a little higher in the second pic due to having been jacked up for the wheel swap, that should settle as soon as the car is driven again. The ZR1/SS wheels would not cause the fender-to-tire gap to be any bigger as they are the exact same dimensions as the base 10-spokes pictured above them; no lowering would be required to get the same stance.

Car does look great with the wheel upgrade, I wouldn't lower it if it were mine.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Just an FYI....It's not always easy to tell if they are "original" SLP wheels, as the older reproductions are hard to spot. Most newer reproductions are 17x9.5", 56mm offset and have a slightly more "squared off" spoke design. But, many years ago you could get correct factory size 17x9", 50mm offset with identical factory spokes that were a perfect match to the ones offered by SLP. The only thing that made the chrome SLP version distinctive was the plating inside the lug holes (more abrupt cutoff than the reproduction versions).

Looks like the front is sitting a little higher in the second pic due to having been jacked up for the wheel swap, that should settle as soon as the car is driven again. The ZR1/SS wheels would not cause the fender-to-tire gap to be any bigger as they are the exact same dimensions as the base 10-spokes pictured above them; no lowering would be required to get the same stance.

Car does look great with the wheel upgrade, I wouldn't lower it if it were mine.
Thanks RPM,

I made sure these were SLP wheels before I made the drive. Yeah I didn't about the suspension not being settled after the swap makes sense. Nope she will stay stock ride height and stock exhaust etc.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Nice looking ride. I am going to do ceramic coat mine hopefully here real soon. I have a place in Nashville I will go to.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah you car is beautiful can’t lie and yes the factory zr1 chrome wheels look great on our cars . I got the same wheels all factory chrome zr1 rims in brand new condition as yours as well
Old 01-03-2019, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

$525 for paint correction & ceramic coating is pretty damn cheap for what appears to be a pretty solid detail from the pics, shitty they damaged a wheel and didn't cop to it. Car looks awesome though!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Looks good, ya $525 is pretty cheap.

If ya want to enhance the shine and depth of the look, mix about 20% carpro reload and 80% carpro ech2o and use it as a detail spray after a wash. You will get insane results.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A

If ya want to enhance the shine and depth of the look, mix about 20% carpro reload and 80% carpro ech2o and use it as a detail spray after a wash. You will get insane results.
And this will work with any ceramic coating?
Old 01-03-2019, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6 #3392
Nice looking ride. I am going to do ceramic coat mine hopefully here real soon. I have a place in Nashville I will go to.
Thanks, Been a fan of your ride for awhile.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by camarodude87
correct, it will take your coating to a whole new level and also the ceramic coating itself will last longer.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks, Been a fan of your ride for awhile.
Thank you!
Old 01-03-2019, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice car. Nothing wrong with leaving it stock either, wish I had done that sometimes that is for sure
Old 01-04-2019, 01:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A

This is a good combo and works well.

If you don't feel comfortable mixing up your own solution, CarPro released a new product by the name of Elixir. It is ready to use and can be used with any ceramic coating. It is a great product as I have used it and the method mentioned up above.

Edit: Here is my review on Elixir.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-detailer.html

Last edited by The Guz; 01-05-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by The Guz
This is a good combo and works well.

If you don't feel comfortable mixing up your own solution, CarPro released a new product by the name of Elixir. It is ready to use and can be used with any ceramic coating. It is a great product as I have used it and the method mentioned up above.

Edit: Here is my review on Elixir.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-detailer.html
Nice review, I am going to have to check that out this spring. Im a massive fan of carpro products and they are really nailing it. It's winter here in Minnesota and I'm definitely getting withdrawals lol.