LED turn signals/ digital flasher behaving strangely - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Go Back  LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion > CHASSIS, SUSPENSION, APPEARANCE > Appearance & Detailing
Reload this Page >

LED turn signals/ digital flasher behaving strangely

Notices
Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED turn signals/ digital flasher behaving strangely

Old 03-08-2019, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default LED turn signals/ digital flasher behaving strangely

I'm having some annoying lighting issues with a 94 Camaro I picked up a couple months ago.

The front turn signals had been changed out for clear housings and LEDs. Essentially they work when they want to, or about half the time. The flasher thats currently installed is the CF12ANL-01. I did some digging and can't find if its supposed to make a clicking sound because this one doesn't when the signals are working.

Hazards work fine, out of curiosity I tried an OEM flasher and the lights stayed lit without blinking. It seems like the flasher I have is only for full LED setups? Why does it only work half the time? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Launching!

That's not going to make a clicking sound since it's electronic. No relay inside to do the clicking. That said.... you'll most likely fix your issues, either by getting a flasher that also has a third ground hookup, or adding some load resistors the the LED harnesses. Usually, you can find them prewires so it would be plug and play. Something like this >
Amazon Amazon
Old 03-15-2019, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

there are 2 flasher relays 1 for hazards one for turn signals you need both swapped out. I have one adjustable and one standard "electronic flasher" I forget which one needed what.

Search this Thread

About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: