Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DEPO headlights + HID lamps = melt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DEPO headlights + HID lamps = melt?

I just installed some pre-whistlered DEPO headlights on my 4th gen Camaro and noticed quite a bit of heat building up on the lenses after running my 35w HID's (with new bulbs) for a few minutes. Is this normal, and am I going to run into issues because of the heat?

The car has sat in the garage for a while and I cant remember if the OEM lenses had any heat buildup with HIDs. Sorry if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any posts about it.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had mine for a year (not much driving though) and they are fine. I think you will find people that do the 55W melt stuff. They will take a good amount of heat before melting.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Whistlered Depo headlights on my car with 55 watt 6000k DDM HIDs in them. I’ve been running them for years with no melting issues what so ever. I think you’ll be fine.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running them for a few days now and I'm not getting any noticeable heat buildup anymore. I'm not sure why it was heating up so much on that first test; maybe it had something to do with the new bulbs. Problem solved though, thank you!