Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I hate this fucking country!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That I have to agree with. Trial and sentencing is not the purview of the police department. Personally, I would have got the guy after the sentencing hearing and gone with the temporary insanity defense. There are numerous documented cases where this would work.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mhulslan,
Since I have been on, I have seen a change. Like I said, I think that a lot of it is the older generation. As more of the older guys go out, the favortism seems to go also. I know that when I was a training officer, I would tell all of the new guys that I trained that if we stop someone that I know, or they know, they are getting a ticket, arrested or whatever is proper. It is not fair to everyone else that is being arrested if people are let go because of who they know. A matter of fact, I got into a pissing match with a prosecutor in our area who was letting people get off easy on certain violations. I sent a letter to some people that thought I was responsible for their deal and then sent a copy of the letter to the prosecutor. We had a big blow up but it eventually bit him in the butt and he was refusing to prosecute my cases for a while but, big deal. It all went back to the drunk that retired from our department that was working in his office and wanted to let people go. It will change, unfortunately, sometimes it takes too long.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:53 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
Carpone,
Do you make complaints in situations like that. That is a prime situation where it needs to be brought to the department head and a formal complaint filed. If you don't want to go to the immediate supervior for fear of it being swept under the rug go to the top. I would be pissed also and that is when you make waves. Unfortunately, officers are not reponsible for the sentences that offenders are given, trust me if the officers were involved, there would be more people doing time. If officer's actions such as the case above are not documented and shown to display a patern of poor behavior, nothing will be done with them! File complaint after complaint!
When I called to make a complaint to the supervising officer he made me feel as if I were bothering him and told me that it is upto the officer to use his discretion. I will be calling the local news station tomorrow so they can let everyone know that the police are not doing their job.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

[/QUOTE]Personally, I would have got the guy after the sentencing hearing and gone with the temporary insanity defense. There are numerous documented cases where this would work.
[QUOTE]

When you see some of the crimes with molesters etc., I'm supprised that this does not happen more often!
Old 07-25-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Trust me I have the guys address, I just want some more time to pass. He will get what he deserves.
Then it becomes premeditated. That's usually a class A felony in any jurisdiction. Use some discretion.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Carpone,
Thats why you need to go to the top, it will less likely be ignored. The top is more worried about the news than anything else because it all goes back to politics. They have lately cracked down on officers in our Dept. not taking compaints when people call in. Now, if you don't take the complaint, you will be in more trouble than the officer being complained on. I would let the news stations know. A department head can do something about that because if the officer is not arresting on vilolent crimes such as that then maybe the officer(s) needs some remedial training!
Old 07-25-2004, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trust me I have the guys address, I just want some more time to pass. He will get what he deserves.
I don't know if I would put that on a public site!
Old 07-25-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Post pics
Old 07-25-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Should have beat his *** on the spot (he asaulted you when he hit yu and ran off like a coward), cops are ******* worthless, just for cleanup duty anyway and keeping donut shops in business. I would have beat his *** until he bled refried beans.........I had a guy tailgate me for several miles, I ended up getting behind him and following him to the 7-11 he was in such a rush to get to, as he looked through a store window afraid to come out and deal with me for the aggressive driving and nearly running me off the road, I ice-picked his tires..........
Old 07-26-2004, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

as he looked through a store window afraid to come out and deal with me for the aggressive driving and nearly running me off the road, I ice-picked his tires..........
Boy, this guy is a mental giant.....Job security!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:15 AM
Staging Lane

Richie. sorry if i offended you in any way. all im saying i guess is chill on the mexican thing as being bad. there's alot of things that keep people from getting licenses. people want to get them, but the law doesnt allow it. im sure your calmer now and you have thought it was kind of rough what you said. its ok you let it out. better let it out than kill someone. if you do, who will take care of your wife. anyhow, i forget who the indiana cop was, look. you are right on most things you said. lets just ease off and let him breath. you and i look at things from the cop point of view. i have cop tendancies too. im trying to get into law enforcment right now. just drop the facts on the table and lets let it be. no need to answer back. im cooled off already. and i guess the only thing i would ask for is for you Richie to re-treat your statment on telling me i come in here and started ****. if i was against what you said, it wasnt starting ****. it was just that, i was against it. i believe we are ok now and i now understand you didnt mean it racially or ethnicly. i cant spell today, sorry. and for who ever commented me on removing the sponsorship....if i was sponsoring, yes, id pull it. moderators/owners of the site or sites are not to be on eitherside of arguments like this. they can definetly have an opinion, but they cant always voice it. they have to be neutral. cant let things get out of hand. so in closing, Richie, i wish this would have never happend to you. it did, so now please take care of your wife very much. you still have her and thats the most important thing. hope we are friends
sincerely, mario
Old 07-27-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts

Impala SS....
F@#% ing please!! Get off your soapbox guy!!
Love, peace, flowers... Let's all get along!

FWIW, i would have done the same exact thing. Richie, you showed great restraint not beating this guy to a pulp.

The "race" card!! I love it!! Any non caucasion can pull it @ any time they wish & "we" are all racist!!

The facts....
* The guy was hit by an uninsured motorist. ( that just happened to be of Mexican discent.
* The guy ran, the guy was caught, the guy was let go!
WTF???

I hope everything works out for you and your wife my friend.

Oh, Impala. FWIW, i am no racist either. Matter of fact my workout partner & good friend is Black.

If i offended anyone.... i'm sorry!
Old 07-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Staging Lane

Pewter....was i talking to you? No. Did i say you were racist? No, cause i wasnt talking to you. Im with Richie. We arent racist. My apology was to him.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:43 PM
9 Second Club

I have met some very good cops....caught speeding in my T/A and let me go because I had a good attitude...he told me so. Left some Nopi punks at a light (in T/A) one night and they let me go. "Mr Hunnicutt, I know you were showing off...please be more careful"
Next door neighbors were shooting a shotgun into the air at midnight. Called the cops. They came over and said Mr Ramirez doesn't speak english so we are waiting for an interpretor" I told them Jose DOES speak english....they entered his house with his permission...in English..and carted 2 of those guys to jail.

Bad cop story. Cop who wrote up my accident as wreckless driving and racing based on 5 witnesses and his fellow officers testimony who were on the scene. Got to court and he had no witnesses...no addresses...numbers..statements...attending officers names or evidence...NADA. He even wrote the accident occuring a mile from the location it occured. He was a white POS redneck. prolly got beat down by a F-body before
Old 08-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Teching In

I notice your talking smack about this guiy being Mexican and your A$$ is Italian...I notice you mentioned leaving your gun at home...your an IDIOT...so this guy deserves a death sentence because he clipped your precious little car?

lastly ...your lucky someone didn't lay you out running up on them like some tough guy...which I doubt you are...again...your an idiot!

IDIOT!
Old 08-01-2004, 04:32 AM
On The Tree

Holy **** that was a long thread. i read most of it. I hope nobody here has anything against mexicans or any other race. i didnt like the "dirty mexican" coment made by zchgla. I agree with impalass and as for the victim in the accident sorry that it happened and the most important part is that you guys are ok.there are jack ases everywhere they come in all shapes and sizes colors.as for the cop issue, cops are people too and are just trying to do their job (most of them).And as for "i hate this country comment", come on you really dont hate it, you would move if you hated it that much.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Well, since nobody took the time to check florida laws on the matter, guess I'll post this up. As another officer(dont remember who) posted earler each states laws are different and the officers may not have been able to simply "haul him away". The way the following statutes read, it looks like all they could do was to issue a summons, rather than to arrest on the spot. If thats the case, take it up with your state. The police dont make the laws.

Note: Powers of arrest also sometimes are different when dealing with subjects from other states or countries. I did not check on this, so Its possible they may have been authorized under a different chapter.

316.061 Crashes involving damage to vehicle or property.--

(1) The driver of any vehicle involved in a crash resulting only in damage to a vehicle or other property which is driven or attended by any person shall immediately stop such vehicle at the scene of such crash or as close thereto as possible, and shall forthwith return to, and in every event shall remain at, the scene of the crash until he or she has fulfilled the requirements of s. 316.062. A person who violates this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. Notwithstanding any other provision of this section, $5 shall be added to a fine imposed pursuant to this section, which $5 shall be deposited in the Emergency Medical Services Trust Fund.

AND Relevant statute under the rules of criminal procedure

901.15 When arrest by officer without warrant is lawful.--A law enforcement officer may arrest a person without a warrant when:

(5) A violation of chapter 316 has been committed in the presence of the officer. Such an arrest may be made immediately or in fresh pursuit. Any law enforcement officer, upon receiving information relayed to him or her from a fellow officer stationed on the ground or in the air that a driver of a vehicle has violated chapter 316, may arrest the driver for violation of those laws when reasonable and proper identification of the vehicle and the violation has been communicated to the arresting officer.

Last edited by Mike00FRC; 08-01-2004 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: I hate this fucking country!!!!!!!!!!