Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

NineBall: -Painting silicone back of coilpacks?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NineBall: -Painting silicone back of coilpacks?

I had my coilpacks painted silver. When I got them back from the painter, he had not painted the back part. I think it is silicone for conducting. It is the tan, khacki looking color. Anyway, he said he didn't paint them because the paint wouldn't have stuck to it. I have seen pictures of that part painted on NineBall's car so I was wondering how I should do it.

The painter said if I wanted to paint them then he would get an eye droper and some rustoleum paint and fill it in that way. He said Rustoleum sticks better. The coipack has walls where the silicone was poured into the pack so that would seem to work as long as you didn't pour it to thick.

What I thought would work is to get some sandpaper (I don't know how course) and rough them up first to ensure the paint bonds to the surface.
I'm kind of at a standstill on this guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to paint them black for even more contrast vs. an all silver coilpack.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paint sticks to it fine. I used regular old Rustoleum and they have been fine for 3+ years...
Old 10-15-2004, 10:13 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I scuffed those smooth surfaces with fine sand paper, and I sprayed primer on the entire coil packs before painting them. So far, the paint is holding on just fine.

Quick Reply: NineBall: -Painting silicone back of coilpacks?