Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

where to get CETA filler piece?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question where to get CETA filler piece?

i did a search to find the silver 2002 CETA tail light filler plate and found a part # for GMpartsdirect.com. i put the part # in but there is no picture for the tail lamp housing that shows up. just wondering if this was the correct part? this is the part # i found 10312725. is there another place anybody would recomend to get this part? also i was wondering how to install it? any info will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by the predator; 01-28-2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the predator
i did a search to find the silver 2002 CETA tail light filler plate and found a part # for GMpartsdirect.com. i put the part # in but there is no picture for the tail lamp housing that shows up. just wondering if this was the correct part? this is the part # i found 10312725. is there another place anybody would recomend to get this part? also i was wondering how to install it? any info will be greatly appreciated!

aww come on what a waste of a thread.. hahah i sent you a PM on it AHHAAH jk jk

GM PART # 10312725
CATEGORY: Tail Lamp Housing
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $126.62
OUR PRICE: $75.97
DESCRIPTION: FILLER
Old 01-28-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

man thats harsh. got your PM, thanks for replying quickly! im going to order right now. just wanted to make sure this was the right part before i paid for it.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Banned

man thats harsh. got your PM, thanks for replying quickly! im going to order right now. just wanted to make sure this was the right part before i paid for it.
yeah its all good i understand... i wouldent want to pay 100$ for a wrong product!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:50 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Removal and installation is a snap. Pop the hatch and pull back the insulation that runs along the back of the hatch area. Without looking, I think you'll need to remove a screw or two around the latch. Once you've pulled back the insulation, you'll be able to see the wingnuts that hold the taillight assemblies on the car. If I remember correctly, there are five on each taillight. One of them is in the very corner of the taillight assembly. Just undo them all (but keep a hold of the light from the outside) and pull out the entire assembly. The center section (where the 'bird emblem is) is just attached to the car with four bolts. Undo those, remove the part, and then reinstall in the reverse order. You'll probably want to test fit everything before you tighten it all back up.

I swapped my factory piece out for a custom airbrushed one almost a year ago. Click on my sig for a link to my website to see pics of it on my 'bird.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the post y2k_ta! you have a great looking TA and i like you custom filler plate! i just wanted to add it was really bada$$ seing a Ls1Tech car on the month of November in the 2004 firebird calendar! that was a really great pic in the calendar!
Old 01-29-2005, 03:08 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

thanks for the post y2k_ta! you have a great looking TA and i like you custom filler plate! i just wanted to add it was really bada$$ seing a Ls1Tech car on the month of November in the 2004 firebird calendar! that was a really great pic in the calendar!
No problem. Glad I could share my experience with removing that part. I commissioned a friend of mine to airbrush the 'bird logo for me. I designed it, and he made an exact pattern of my drawing for a stencil. I tried using an airbrush once, but painting just ain't for me so I leave it to the professionals. Now throw some colored pencils my way and it's a totally different story.

Thanks for your compliments concerning my car. Only a few folks have recognized it as Miss November 2004. I have fond memories of how we got that pic taken. It was taken in a state park in Southern Indiana back in October 2002. I ended up driving up a what looked to be a 45 degree grassy incline just to get in the "right" spot. Since we were in plain view of the park ranger's shack, the photographer promised to pay any tickets we could possibly get. Luckily, no tickets were issued. There was a "no parking on grass" sign right by us. It would have been funny to have gotten that in the shot.

Too bad there wasn't a 2005 calendar I keep in contact with the guy who did them (2003 & 2004), and he said he lost money both years.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

i hear that on painting skills, i have no artistic skill whatsoever. a no parking on grass sign would have been hilarious in that shot. yeah, i was really disappointed when i found out that there would be no 2005 firebird calendar. i wish there was some way the the guy making the calendars could of made a profit. they were professional quality! so i decided to keep getting f-body calendars and got the camaro one. it also has some good pics in it. thanks for the posts y2k_ta!

Quick Reply: where to get CETA filler piece?