Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Waiting for the car to come out of the Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Waiting for the car to come out of the Body Shop

So I just got the Trans Am, but I wanted to change some looks of the car. I got the mecham hood, mecham wing, and wings west ground effects. The hood needs more prepping than the wing, but thats not a problem. The ground effects on the other hand have double sided tape on the back and they said they didnt trust that and they wanted to order some type of apoxy glue to put them on. I didnt know if anyone has already messed with this, if the tape they came with it is good enough to hold it on, or apoxy glue it to the car. They've already had the car for one week and nothing is really done except for miner prepping. But now the car is just sitting there cause they are waiting on the apoxy to arrive so they're saying atleast another week So now im stuck again for another week without my bird. They better start painting the hood and wing while that apoxy is coming. It better look badass when its done cause im sick of waiting. I already have other things on order and coming...but it doesnt do me any good if i dont have a car. Im not sure how long cars usually stay in the shop but im looking at 2-3 weeks right now.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're really not waiting all that long provided they do a quality paint job. A buddy of mine has had his car in the booth for a good 3-4 months now. Of course it was a complete bare shell and is being done by someone more OCD than Monk.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have thought they would screw or otherwise attach body kits to cars
Old 02-02-2005, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is in the shop now getting the RK sport front facsia,the GM side skirts, and the Xenon rear valance put on. I know its a mixture but I liked those three individual components over one single kit from either company.They are using that epoxy because double sided tape is not a guaranteed way of holding those things on. Especially going 100+ MPH!! So give them a little more time, but make sure you express your concerns to them and don't let them put your car on the back burner!! I had to go regulate on these guys doing mine last week!