Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine color schemes: I need opions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine color schemes: I need opions!!!

I am doing a 6.0 liter install within the next month and I am trying to start doing some polishing and painting but I'm not sure what all I want to paint or polish. So here is some ideas I had.

Block- silver OR red
heads- stock aluminum with polished ends for now(afr's later and probably fully polished)
intake- stock black ls2
tb- stock polished for now and later a FAST 90mm
valley cover/knock sensor cover- polished
water pump-to be replaced by an electric one
timing cover-polished
oil pan-undecided but probably natural aluminum (with a smiley face painted on the bottom.... hoping to put the front up that high on some nitrous runs! LOL)
valve covers- planning on red i think --- that alluminum is SOOOO poreish its almost impossible to get smooth to polish
probably going with a red head plate too

I'm not really sure about this stuff. I wanted to go red with the block and I beleive it would all match up better than if it was silver but then again I have seen many cars with stock all blocks that looked good. I think it was Nineballs engine in the 35th Ann SS that I liked soo much.

I also thought about doing a red block, water pump, oil pan and then add the polished timing cover. I kinda think that would look good but I dun want too much red.

Josh S.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:53 PM
NKAWTG...N

id say any color combo usually works aslong as you only use 2 colors max. like red and black and chrome. never do 3. personally id do as much as possible chrome/polished.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by stoleit
id say any color combo usually works aslong as you only use 2 colors max. like red and black and chrome. never do 3. personally id do as much as possible chrome/polished.
So are you saying Red, Black, and Chrome would count as 2 colors?

I also agree with what stoleit said. There should be maximum of 2 colors other than black or chrome, but one color other than these would look best IMO.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Here are a couple pics of mine if interested.
Attached Thumbnails Engine color schemes: I need opions!!!-camaro-eng-new-3-.jpg   Engine color schemes: I need opions!!!-camaro-eng-new-29-.jpg  
Old 02-03-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

The silver block would more or less be used to make the iron block look aluminum.

Quick Reply: Engine color schemes: I need opions!!!