Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

WE dont have cabin air filters do we?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WE dont have cabin air filters do we?

Every since the first clutch burnt up I cant get rid of this damn smell from my heater. Yeah... heater, shut up... its 37 degrees here in good old Indianapolis today. Any ideas or suggestions? I am tempted to remove the entire system and clean it with soap and water inside and out. And yeah, I realize how huge of a task it would be to pull it all. But the smell is awful at times. I smell like a autoshop when i get home with the air or heat on. Yuck.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same problem. I got some airwick deoderizer spray and just sprayed it into the vents and ran the air full blast. Repeated a couple of times, and the smell was gone. Took like a week.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

The air is sucked in from a cavern under the cowl right?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

The vents right infront of the windshield, under the hood, inside the cockpit...everywhere. If you tried to start from the source...I think it would be almost impossible. You could always put some fabreeze or your favorite liquid (non-sticky) air freshner through the defroster a little at a time-more like spray it.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Also, if you can go make a friend at a hospital or morgue, they have these little yellow bottles of air desanitizer or freshener. They are the strongest smelling things I have ever been around. Just on eyedrop size drop in a large room (large enough to do surgury or autopsy) made a room that smelled like a dairy farm smell like flowers in a matter of seconds.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you suspect it is mold or mildew in the vents or something relating to the clutch?

Dealerships have some stuff in a spray can. It has a long, plastic hose with holes in the tip to spray 360*. They snake it into the vent system and douse it. You might try asking them where you can get some or ask a mechanic on the side if he'll spray your car after hours.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JasonWW
Do you suspect it is mold or mildew in the vents or something relating to the clutch?

Dealerships have some stuff in a spray can. It has a long, plastic hose with holes in the tip to spray 360*. They snake it into the vent system and douse it. You might try asking them where you can get some or ask a mechanic on the side if he'll spray your car after hours.
Yup i said that above... "Every since the first clutch burnt up". It is the clutch/mechanical smell.

And yeah that sounds like a great idea!

Quick Reply: WE dont have cabin air filters do we?