Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Haze in my paint......

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Haze in my paint......

....and it's never been like this before. It's a slight haze that almost looks like alot of little water spots, but I tried cleaning them off with water and a microfiber towel and nothing happened. I washed it a week ago with Meguiar's Deep Crystal wash followed by a coat of NXT wax. I've been using this combo for awhile now and loved the results. But yesterday and today I noticed a haze forming on my paint and it doesnt seem to wanna come off. does anyone know what this is and how I can get rid of it? It almost looks like there's sand trapped under the wax, but I havent been near the beach and it hasnt rained since I washed it. This is really annoying.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would start by Clay barring it. See if that gets it all off. Then polish. Then wax again with your NXT. I have no idea what would have caused that though, but the claybar should get it off. Might also try a 50/50 mix of alcahol and water to get the wax off that's on it now and start all over.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I claybarred it about a month ago, so I'll try the 50/50 alcohol thing. do i just use basic rubbing alcohol??? I'll try this and post back up in a couple days when ive tried a couple more things. I really hate to see my car looking bad. BTW, we have the same color cars.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

A really good website to check out on detailing questions too is www.autopia.org you can find the answer to just about any cleaning or polishing thing you can think of. Tons of great info.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

Have U Ever Painted Ur Car In That Section If U Have Then U Might Have What Is Called Solvent Pop I Used To Work At A Body Shop. What U Can Do To Get Rid Of This Is Go Find Some 2000 Grit Sand Paper And Wet Sand It Down Till U Cant See Those Those Little ***** Its Very Easy To Tell If They Are Gone After U Finish Sanding. If There Still There U Will See The Little Ball Shadow. Once U Get All Those Things Out Throw Some Compound And Buff It Till U Cant C Any Marks The Top It Off With Some Wax.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its all over the paint though. Im actually starting to think it might be something stuck under the wax or sumthing. I'm going to claybar it this sunday and polish and wax it. I'll post up after i finish.
Old 05-14-2005, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

im havin the same problem on my black srt, when the sun shines on it. It looks really hazy and i have no idea how to get it off. I was thinking about getttin it detailed cuz im selling it within the next week. I think it might be from waxing it the day after i washed it like dust might be trapped under the wax now.

Quick Reply: Haze in my paint......